Finally pulled the trigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hooking it up to their computer to zero out sensors? Sounds like they fed you a line. They probably just cleared the engine codes.
I had the dealership install the exhaust because no shops near me would install it. Firestone Monroe etc. One speed shop wanted $250.
The tech said because I installed the CAI and exhaust the the engine may not adjust the air fuel correctly. Whatever he did with the computer and exhaust install took almost 2 hours. And they only charged me for 1 so I'm ok with that.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Upload your clips to Photobucket or YouTube and post here. Very interested to see how it sounds.

Going to get an intake for mine very soon, interested if it makes any sound difference.

ZR WON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Jonah:

I posted a video of the GM Borla on the other recent Borla thread.

Brian A.
2015 PPV
Silver Ice Metallic

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after about 500 miles with the intake and exhaust installed the truck is starting to balance itself out. The mpg is up about 1.5. It still goes into 4 cylinder mode all the time and the exhaust has finally started to mellow out. I called Borla and they said 500-1000 miles depending on my driving. The guy said to go beat on it a bit to burn it in. And that helped. Still need to upload a good sound clip.

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the dealership install the exhaust because no shops near me would install it. Firestone Monroe etc. One speed shop wanted $250.
The tech said because I installed the CAI and exhaust the the engine may not adjust the air fuel correctly. Whatever he did with the computer and exhaust install took almost 2 hours. And they only charged me for 1 so I'm ok with that.

So was the dealer basically recommending that you should NOT do the CAI and Borla at the same time?

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So was the dealer basically recommending that you should NOT do the CAI and Borla at the same time?

Not at all. The way it was explained to me was the trucks flowing more air than when it was stock that it would take longer to for the mass air and O2 sensors to read the air flow correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909