Coyote's Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope you get your Hothckis setup soon. I purchase and installed a Hotchkis set up front and back. Very happy with the result. Nice looking Escalade BTW. It's going to run as good as it looks.

Did you fix the lower grill on your Escalade yet. Replacing the upper and lower grills was not fun for me. But glad I got it done as it was part of the color matching plan.

I am home for the holidays before I head back to work. I have plans to work on the Escalade and give it a few touch ups while home. We'll see how it goes.

20190908_163138.jpg Resized_20190908_140322 - Copy.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hope you get your Hothckis setup soon. I purchase and installed a Hotchkis set up front and back. Very happy with the result. Nice looking Escalade BTW. It's going to run as good as it looks.

Did you fix the lower grill on your Escalade yet. Replacing the upper and lower grills was not fun for me. But glad I got it done as it was part of the color matching plan.

I am home for the holidays before I head back to work. I have plans to work on the Escalade and give it a few touch ups while home. We'll see how it goes.

View attachment 263479 View attachment 263480
You've got wayyyy too many cool rides!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s amazing how a custom tune can really change the nature of these GM beasts! I had already fallen in love with the 6.0 in my 2006 Denali, and just over two years into ownership I pulled the trigger on a custom tube from blackbear performance. What a world of a difference it made in my truck! Fell in love all over again! I can’t wait to get my hands on a 6.2 and have it tuned to get to experience what you’re experiencing with your caddy 6.2!

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plug is on the bottom of the airbox, whereas the main opening is in the stock location and considerably larger than stock. I really don't think that 2x4 rectangle will have any noticeable effect on airflow/performance, at least not that the computer/tune can't account for. If I didn't have the option per the mfg to put that plug in I'd probably have sold the whole unit and gone with something else.
I think I previously misunderstood. So you are referring to the smaller opening underneath the main intake opening? My CAI has the same - And it's wide open to take in as much air as possible. I also installed "trunk gasket" material on the side openings of my airbox so that there was no hot under-hood air being sucked in. I also used sticky heat shield and "wrapped" my CAI box to reduce radiant heat.

OP
OP
theycallmecoyote
Reaction score
That's correct Rich. The AFE comes with a pretty heavy duty rubber stripping that goes around the inlet between the box and the body of the vehicle, seems to do the trick pretty good. Wrapping the box probably not a bad idea!

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s amazing how a custom tune can really change the nature of these GM beasts! I had already fallen in love with the 6.0 in my 2006 Denali, and just over two years into ownership I pulled the trigger on a custom tube from blackbear performance. What a world of a difference it made in my truck! Fell in love all over again! I can’t wait to get my hands on a 6.2 and have it tuned to get to experience what you’re experiencing with your caddy 6.2!

Yes sir. What a difference a tune makes. I had mine tuned just after I installed the CAI, headers and Magnaflow exhaust. So much fun to drive. A close second is the supercharged 02. 6.2 however very, very nice.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's correct Rich. The AFE comes with a pretty heavy duty rubber stripping that goes around the inlet between the box and the body of the vehicle, seems to do the trick pretty good. Wrapping the box probably not a bad idea!
I also bought wrap for the intake pipe to the TB and liquid intercooler lines, but have not installed it yet. Will probably wait until spring when things warm up again.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
typically every vehicle i have owned, i trim as large of an opening as possible in the factory airbox floor/front...never had any ill issues.

most of which, i have driven very few miles before doing...this time, on our 17 5.3, i cut the floor to match the opening in the lower mounting tray. i can tell a very noticeable difference in sound under all throttle loads...as well as a slight hesitation when accelerating at light speeds in 2nd gear, then it downshifts sharply and goes...it acts very different than prior to cutting this opening. i have to keep it this way or replace the box, but a tune will happen prior to any more changes.

OP
OP
theycallmecoyote
Reaction score
Just got an email from UPS, HOTCHKIS SWAYS ARE ON THE WAY!!! WOOHOO!!!

Should be here next week, then I'll have to find some time to install. Thinking about maybe pulling the top coil isolators off and doing the heater hose mod while I have it jacked up, we'll see. If anybody has tips or tricks to make any of that easier I'm all ears (I.E. do I need new sensor rods if I'm only getting like 1/2"-3/4" drop?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec