Performance mods!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chaospilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just to update, I found out the hard way the LT4 supercharger isn't a viable option on the yukon/tahoe with dual heat/AC. The tee that comes off the heater core at the firewall is too close to the supercharger. I knew it was close, but didnt think it would be THAT big of an issue. Engine twist ended up snapping the tee off and got coolant everywhere. Silverado/Sierra dont have these tee's to worry about.

Whipple is going to have the Gen V released in the next few months for us. Going to pick one of these up when released.

Is this issue on the 5.3 or 6.2? I’m still intrigued by the idea.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would venture to say both...it is more of the routing from the firewall than engine internal size. externally, they are similar.

FullOutPwr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is this issue on the 5.3 or 6.2? I’m still intrigued by the idea.

Its a Tahoe/Yukon issue not a 5.3/6.2 issue. Its because of the rear heat lines that have to split at the firewall and go to the back of the car.

I sold my Yukon and picked up a hellcat. All the swap parts are for sale if you're serious, PM me and I'll cut you a deal on them shipped to you.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we know it is a tahoe/yukon issue do to rear ac...he WAS asking if the 5.3 differed from the 6.2...which they do not. so yes it is an issue with both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas