My 1998 2-door build is done - Pics, impressions (and need some input)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me backing up a bit here, I'm curious about your seats. Do you have pictures of them installed? What did you have to do to install them in your truck (mine's a '95)?

Thanks,
joe

OP
OP
T

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me backing up a bit here, I'm curious about your seats. Do you have pictures of them installed? What did you have to do to install them in your truck (mine's a '95)?

Thanks,
joe
547e414f67c69b24883d1e3c2e6820ec.jpg544c94bcea58fa0687dbbc54865db070.jpg

Here's a shot of the driver's seat. The GMT900 seats are mounted on the original seat frames. I didn't do this work so I can't say what was involved, and it's not possible to take a decent picture of it, but as far as I can tell the most the upholstery guy had to do was drill a few holes in the steel runners under the seats to mount them to the old frames. And for another $500, he was able to install seat heaters and put the switches and a USB cord in the dash where the CD player used to be.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had been wondering where i would put the switches when i decided to add heat to my seats

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
547e414f67c69b24883d1e3c2e6820ec.jpg544c94bcea58fa0687dbbc54865db070.jpg

Here's a shot of the driver's seat. The GMT900 seats are mounted on the original seat frames. I didn't do this work so I can't say what was involved, and it's not possible to take a decent picture of it, but as far as I can tell the most the upholstery guy had to do was drill a few holes in the steel runners under the seats to mount them to the old frames. And for another $500, he was able to install seat heaters and put the switches and a USB cord in the dash where the CD player used to be.

Hope this helps

It does. Thanks.

joe

OP
OP
T

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes and no. I think when it comes to stuff like that it's all coming out of the same factory in China. If you do the LED's just remember they are polarity sensitive I kind of freaked when I put them in and only a few worked...

When it comes to other stuff, like shocks for example, I don't understand why people will skimp on Bilstiens to save $20/shock. Take $80 am divide it by $50k miles and it's kind of hard to justify.

Latest update is my brand new right rear axle seal blew out on thanksgiving and I am hoping I didn't hurt the rear by driving it that way for 50 miles. I didn't realize until I got home.

I am in need of a rear armrest for the driver's side in neutral, the glue failed on mine and the vinyl peeled up. Hard part to find. I epoxied it and it looks ok for now.

Starting to explore the idea of a 0411 computer swap as I may want to start working on tuning. That is a way cheaper option than pulling the cam and pulling a different one in.

OP
OP
T

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Latest update is the right rear axle was broken when I sent it back to the shop. Doing new axles on both sides with upgraded parts. Also while is is apart I decided to do a trutrack. The G80 in my 2004 is trashed and operates as an open rear and has similar mileage to this one so it seems like the right thing to do, especially since the increased engine output is breaking parts in the rear.

Mechanic is doing the small pulley while it's there I haven't had much motivation to do any wrenching anyway with the freezing weather we've had. I will report back on how that works.

New hydroboost is in so hopefully that's the end of the leaking.

Last edited:

3dirtwheels

Reaction score
Great thread on a super sweet Tahoe, I'd be interested in how the small pulley worked out, my PS doesn't work all of the time below 600-700 rmp's on my new HT383E, it's a pain parking and drive thru's!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288