Performance mods!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
I’m finally going to be pulling the trigger on some performance mods here in the next month or so. I would like to hear some input and thoughts on this stuff if you guys have any experience with them.

I know it won’t be a speed demon but I think It’ll be allot more fun to drive, especially after the tune.

Black Bear Tune
AFE Momentum CAI
Corsa cat-back exhaust
Hotchkiss front and rear sway bars.

If you guys have any other suggestions to add to the list I’m open ears. I have a little bit of flex with the budget. I was thinking maybe a Oil Catch Can?

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly that’s an excellent start for mods...

I have the Volant CAI, BB tune, SS Corsa Sport cat-back, catch can and reverse level. absolutely love it.

now...
If you wanna get a little silly later on you can do the 6.2 intake manifold and throttle body swap, headers and install the E85 % sensor.

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Honestly that’s an excellent start for mods...

I have the Volant CAI, BB tune, SS Corsa Sport cat-back, catch can and reverse level. absolutely love it.

now...
If you wanna get a little silly later on you can do the 6.2 intake manifold and throttle body swap, headers and install the E85 % sensor.
Which catch can did you go with?

Yeah there's allot of options for power. My end goal is to eventually add a supercharger
but that's a long ways away.

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which catch can did you go with?

Yeah there's allot of options for power. My end goal is to eventually add a supercharger
but that's a long ways away.

I don’t even know the Brand, it was a $60.00 one off of Amazon that I got and kinda pieced together myself. But it works well for what it is. I empty it out every oil change.

FullOutPwr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I jumped right to the LT4 supercharger. Price per HP makes way more sense.

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
I jumped right to the LT4 supercharger. Price per HP makes way more sense.
I haven't done allot of research into the LT4, How does it compare to something like the Magnuson TVS2300?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure of the actual GAINS difference, but one mod i am performing ( already started), is i have trimmed the factory airbox as large as possible below the filter...i plan on installing the airraid MIT and having it dyno'd.

i dont expect much, but then plan on having it tuned and re ran to see. so far, with just the box trimming, the throttle is much more sensitive at low throttle input and has a definite tone change...again, neither of which have been able to verified or any noticeable changes to MPG or overall performance

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
not sure of the actual GAINS difference, but one mod i am performing ( already started), is i have trimmed the factory airbox as large as possible below the filter...i plan on installing the airraid MIT and having it dyno'd.

i dont expect much, but then plan on having it tuned and re ran to see. so far, with just the box trimming, the throttle is much more sensitive at low throttle input and has a definite tone change...again, neither of which have been able to verified or any noticeable changes to MPG or overall performance
That's a good idea. I'm hoping the AFE CAI will give me the same results.

FullOutPwr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well any aftermarket kit is designed to be bolted in to it's application. The LT4 'charger will require a little ingenuity and fabrication even with some of the parts out there to bolt in. The LT4 supercharger is a 1.9L vs the Magnuson being a 2.3L

I also have only 3200 in to my swap for a running supercharged LT4 setup. I got a really good deal on my supercharger though from Callaway. Most of the aftermarket kits are at least twice this price. I'm also sporting a larger upgraded heat exchanger in this total.

I also think this poking out the front end seals the deal for me..

logo.jpg

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Well any aftermarket kit is designed to be bolted in to it's application. The LT4 'charger will require a little ingenuity and fabrication even with some of the parts out there to bolt in. The LT4 supercharger is a 1.9L vs the Magnuson being a 2.3L

I also have only 3200 in to my swap for a running supercharged LT4 setup. I got a really good deal on my supercharger though from Callaway. Most of the aftermarket kits are at least twice this price. I'm also sporting a larger upgraded heat exchanger in this total.

I also think this poking out the front end seals the deal for me..

View attachment 266875
Damn that's half the price of the Magnuson. Did you buy the LT4 itself through Calloway, or was it an entire kit? I might look into the LT4 a little more now if they're that affordable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne