Finally picked it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pick it up and drove her home 900 miles. Well worth the long wait and very long drive home.. I ordered on 5/5 and picked it up the day after it was delivered on 8/1. What an awesome truck, we are super happy with it. Now we can ship our old truck to FL and enjoy this until the next major release.

Drove it straight to http://clearautobra.com/ from the dealer and had the windows Tinted and Xpel installed. This recommendation came from a forum member and he was 100% right about this place. They are very good at what they do. Anyone in the area give them a call if you need Xpel or tint.

These were some things that were on my mind during my very LONG wait if it helps anyone.

Interior – Even on my flight to St Louis to pick up the truck I was kicking myself for not going with the black interior. We've always gone with black and it’s the safest color. I saw the Dark Atmosphere on a dealer lot at night went they were closed so I wasn't sure but I changed the color since I wife wanted something other than black. When I open the door and saw the color for the first time it put a smile on my face, it’s truly an awesome color. And it’s weird in some light it looks more graphite and sometime it looks more dark tan. It will hold up very well with kids. No picture or video will do this interior justice until you see it in person. Very Very happy with this choice.

Husky Mats Black – Goes very well with this interior. Really no other option but to go with black. Lower part of the interior is very dark so it blends in nicely.

Tinted Front Windshield and HUD – I went with 50% and no issues what so ever. It actually looks a little better during the day reflecting off a little darker windshield. And at night there’s no difference.

ACC – if you’re on the fence get it. Never had it on any of my cars and I love it. On my drive home my foot was off the gas petal about 80% of the time. Even coming off exits and moderate construction traffic on i70 in the early AM. This will be a must have option moving forward for me.

Should I be buying this from a dealership 900 miles away - this was probably the most frustrating and most rewarding part of of my wait. I will most likely buy our next one from them as well. PM me if you want any details.

I have a few questions now that I’m in the truck-
How do you have the fog lights come on by default when you turn on the truck? Right no I have to turn them on manually every time I turn on the truck.
How do you get the Sirius\XM icon on the home screen?

Attachments

• DSC_0735.jpg
    DSC_0735.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0734.jpg
    DSC_0734.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0745.jpg
    DSC_0745.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0736.jpg
    DSC_0736.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_0740.jpg
    DSC_0740.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 36

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet. Love it!

OmegaRoach

Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride! Looks great. I had to get use to the acc. I found it best to step on the break before it accelerated to catch up after a car moves out of the way. That allowed mms top accelerate on my own rather than the hard acceleration that it does.

OP
OP
S

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For now I don't mind the auto hard acceleration I think it's kind of cool. But I see how it can get annoying after a while.

OmegaRoach

Reaction score
Wife was in the passenger seat mad at me. Talkin bout, I'm driven her car to hard! That 6.2 is a beast!

OP
OP
S

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I might have to keep ACC to myself for now. It might freak my wife out and she might go into a panic attack :) And if I was using it while she was in the car she'd just think I was driving like an ass hole.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweetness! Great choice... right now the only way I know of is to turn on the fogs every time you get in. I'd like to find a different way also but it's a habit now after 4 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401