Finally Jumped on the Oil Catch Can Bandwagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, thanks!

Is there any distinguishing characteristics between the two covers from the outside?

Unfortunately not. They use the same casting for all of them, so they all have the same outside appearance. I think the part number cast in the underside is even the same. The version of baffle that's riveted to the underside and the PCV port pressed into the far right end are what make it a particular part number.

Caligirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered an inexpensive knock-off can from Amazon today. The seller/manufacturer had the decency to include in the description-

"Note: The hose that come with baffled oil catch can kit is just a gift for free. It's not a vacuum hose and can't resist high temperature.The smell is also unpleasant.You'd better get another rubber vacuum hose instead of this one to meet your needs."

Haha at least they're right out in front that the hose they supply is junk. Figured I'd try a cheaper one just to see if needed. The reviews were for the most part good, with quality control/consistency the biggest complaint.

Out of curiosity, if the catch can needs to be removed, how expensive/hard is it to replace the hose you had to cut to install?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered an inexpensive knock-off can from Amazon today. The seller/manufacturer had the decency to include in the description-

"Note: The hose that come with baffled oil catch can kit is just a gift for free. It's not a vacuum hose and can't resist high temperature.The smell is also unpleasant.You'd better get another rubber vacuum hose instead of this one to meet your needs."

Haha at least they're right out in front that the hose they supply is junk. Figured I'd try a cheaper one just to see if needed. The reviews were for the most part good, with quality control/consistency the biggest complaint.

Out of curiosity, if the catch can needs to be removed, how expensive/hard is it to replace the hose you had to cut to install?

That about the note is funny.

Some people cut the plastic factory pipe at the 90° bend, maybe an inch in each direction, then slip the hoses going to the catch can over that. If you ever need to remove the can, you can simply use a short piece of hose to fill in that removed elbow section. Just slip the catch can hoses off each leg of the pipe and slip the short piece over to splice it back together. Should take 30 seconds and cost nothing since you already bought hose to connect the can and surely you didn't buy just exactly the lengths you needed, right?

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score

That’s hilarious!

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Was that the Oranges Auto can? I saw that note too. I’m curious what the interior has in it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve also got this one bookmarked. there are actual baffles and a sintered bronze filter in it.

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Petrol-Reservoir-Breather-Baffled/dp/B08NSPLSJ6

This one is a great design. Just get the one without the breather filter or plug that one. The breather would cause a vacuum leak, high idle and SES light on an LS engine.

Or, for half the price of that one, you can have exactly what you need: https://www.amazon.com/Tasan-Racing...E9HH32DQT3M&psc=1&refRID=80W5XQ94AE9HH32DQT3M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz