JLT 3.0 Oil Catch Can Install on a '16 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Congtoid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good evening y'all,

I installed a JLT oil catch can on my 2016 Yukon on March 3, 2024.

I watched multiple videos and followed along, I had no trouble installing (And I am not that mechanically savvy).

I made sure everything was clamped down nice and tight cause its my family hauler so I cant risk breaking down with an infant.

Sorry for the dirty engine bay BTW.

The picture of the oil in the catch can was taken on 3/05/2024, it looked like a couple of drops in there, maybe even dirt?

Oil used: Rotella T6 Multi-Vehicle 5w-30, if it matters.

Also, I don't know if I routed the lines correctly lol.

Attachments

• IMG_5097.PNG
    IMG_5097.PNG
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5092.jpg
    IMG_5092.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 11
  • catch can 2.png
    catch can 2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10

k_arnold72

Reaction score
I check mine every now and then while filling up gas, but it usually doesn't need emptied till an oil change. So about every 3k-4k miles. And even then it's only quarter full at most. I routed mine similar to yours.

1000004309.jpg

OP
OP
C

Congtoid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I check mine every now and then while filling up gas, but it usually doesn't need emptied till an oil change. So about every 3k-4k miles. And even then it's only quarter full at most. I routed mine similar to yours.

View attachment 423199
Nice, even though it's the same set up, it puts a smile on my face seeing someone else run it. I went with this set up after reading some other forums on CAIs. I saw that BBP had a data sheet of different intakes and their performance on 5.3s, stock air box with AirRaid MIT yielded some surprising results. Are you using your stock paper filter? Or are you running some high flow aftermarket filter for the engine? I have a Wix filter (don't know the part #).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660