Finally got my rear entertainment...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait, so the only way you can get built-in navigation is if you purchase the rear entertainment package? That makes absolutely no sense...

EDIT: Looks like this is only true for the LT trim. The Premier comes standard with built-in navigation, but there's no rear infotainment package available for the Premiers. This is all so goofy to me...

Last edited:
OP
OP
kristenlprice

kristenlprice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m not complaining about navigation.. I never really have used it in any of my other Tahoe’s. I just use my phone for Waze (traffic control) and it goes thru Apple car play.

Heck even the standard $800.00 hit to go from a standard radio to Nav would have been fine. Not everyone needs rear entertainment vs the need for Nav. I think Chevy goofed on this one and will need to fix it for 2022 or sooner.

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the nav, but wireless CarPlay is going to make in car systems obsolete. It is a Shame that that interface is so unappealing.

OP
OP
kristenlprice

kristenlprice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the navigation as an app.. but they’re making you subscribe to it after your trial period, which is insane

I have the nav, but wireless CarPlay is going to make in car systems obsolete. It is a Shame that that interface is so unappealing.

OP
OP
kristenlprice

kristenlprice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No. My Tahoe came with it. The rear tablets have navigation Built into them as well.. so your kids can tell you everything you already know like there’s a McDonald’s up here on the right, or you need to exit in 58 miles. I get it, it’s new and exciting but for the backseat drivers, they’re gonna love it

QUOTE="ebelp, post: 1486941, member: 36725"]Wait, so the only way you can get built-in navigation is if you purchase the rear entertainment package? That makes absolutely no sense...

EDIT: Looks like this is only true for the LT trim. The Premier comes standard with built-in navigation, but there's no rear infotainment package available for the Premiers. This is all so goofy to me...[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
kristenlprice

kristenlprice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is a premiere.. but right now good luck on keeping up with what trim level has what. It’s all backwards and confusing ‍♀️ I love mine, but for the price tag, the trims below it has a little more and mine has a little more than some of the High country’s

Wait, so the only way you can get built-in navigation is if you purchase the rear entertainment package? That makes absolutely no sense...

EDIT: Looks like this is only true for the LT trim. The Premier comes standard with built-in navigation, but there's no rear infotainment package available for the Premiers. This is all so goofy to me...

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you explain what you mean? Are you saying the 2021 Tahoes without factory nav can get it as an app?

I think they may be referring to the My Chevrolet App where you can send a destination to the vehicle from the App. This requires a paid Onstar subscription though.

Another key point about the factory NAV...Speed limit info is provided via the NAV. So if your truck has NAV you get speed limit information in the dash.

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the free, base OnStar package with our 2017 Suburban, and it allows me to use key fob features to lock/unlock/start/etc. I can also send navigation directions from the app on my phone to the in-dash nav. I'm not sure if you can do this if your Tahoe doesn't have built-in navigation.

However, I'm hearing good things about wireless CarPlay, so like someone mentioned above, that pretty much makes built-in nav obsolete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts