Finally got my rear entertainment...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kristenlprice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It might be Verizon IPads, but I think it’s about as close as it’s going to get without being junk. (Idk if anyone seen my aftermarket rear entertainment that was installed and then uninstalled in July ‍♀️) these were actually cheaper than that mess!! At least the kids can watch YouTube and Netflix without using my hot spot. Believe it or not, the tablet holders were only $15 ea thru autozone and were the only ones I could find that didn’t sit the tablets below the headrest. I highly recommend getting the iPad 12. Whatever if you wanna get as close to factory as possible. I’m pretty happy.. but make sure you get insurance. I’d hate for someone to break in my car and get them or for one to fall out. (Which I don’t see happening, because these $15 holders are awesome)

6B6BBDA0-050B-49EB-BE00-1CB4C1AACFDD.jpeg 4EA3CE44-FB18-4857-934E-CA2CAE371F0C.jpeg 9B38FDCC-9379-437B-B3AC-7CBA4DD3CCD3.jpeg

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great!!!!! I passed on the stock rear system on our 2021. I bought it for our 2013 Honda Pilot and I can honestly say the kids used it maybe two times. They are always on their smartphones so they can watch their stuff on that. The Ipads are a great idea and turned out awesome. Thanks for sharing.

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great!!!!! I passed on the stock rear system on our 2021. I bought it for our 2013 Honda Pilot and I can honestly say the kids used it maybe two times. They are always on their smartphones so they can watch their stuff on that. The Ipads are a great idea and turned out awesome. Thanks for sharing.

I find it ridiculous that GM tied NAV to those rear screens and would consider them only for that reason. I don't even have little kids. Not sure what GM was thinking there. A 60K+ vehicle should have built in NAV standard.

OP
OP
kristenlprice

kristenlprice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ehhh.. mine is a premiere $74,000 and you’re lucky to find them even in high country. GMC offers them but Chevrolet only does in a limited number of High Country’s. Which is crazy. There’s no option to pre-order one right now either. I think they should’ve had their game together but they’re blaming it all on COVID and the GM strike.

I find it ridiculous that GM tied NAV to those rear screens and would consider them only for that reason. I don't even have little kids. Not sure what GM was thinking there. A 60K+ vehicle should have built in NAV standard.

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, according to the Chevy "build & price" site, the rear entertainment screens are an option for the LT's and High Countries, but NOT an option for the Premier trim. What the heck??

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great looking job. And, less expensive, with the same or better quality, is always better.

My only steady passengers are my two white Shepherds, and they don't seem to have much interest in watching videos or livecasts. :)

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 3 kids love the factory media screens! They fight over the middle captains chairs now. Works great with the Amazon Fire Stick and connected to the built-in Hotspot.
I can't stand seeing them staring down at tablets/Switches/phones etc. Can't be good for their necks down the road. So nice that they can sit back and just watch.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ya I agree 100%. I wanted built in nav but I sure as hell was not going to spend thousands for it. We are empty nesters so before we would need rear entertainment for grandkids we will most likely have a newer Tahoe. Lots of folks are scratching their heads with some of the stuff left off or what is packaged together when wanting certain options. I hope they figure it out before I purchase my 2022 or 2023 to replace our Pilot.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That is so backseat drivers can tell the driver where to go! I'm with you but so many posts have people complaining that they don't want factory nav when they have their phone and are too cheap to pay for it or think it should come included with a $65K+ truck.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is so backseat drivers can tell the driver where to go! I'm with you but so many posts have people complaining that they don't want factory nav when they have their phone and are too cheap to pay for it or think it should come included with a $65K+ truck.
Heck even the standard $800.00 hit to go from a standard radio to Nav would have been fine. Not everyone needs rear entertainment vs the need for Nav. I think Chevy goofed on this one and will need to fix it for 2022 or sooner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick