Fiberglass Front Fenders on Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
If I had to do it again I would consider up front, King Coil overs combined with Baja Kits control arms you will get up to 3 inches of lift and 9 inches of travel and an amazingly smooth ride on rutted out roads and good ride on the street too. I think that set up needs to be ordered as a kit to get the right shock length. I have a 23.6 inch coil over king shock with a 4 inch. I think the stock length is around 17 inches

Or you can go with the Pre runner kit for 11.5 inches.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had a place to drive it to its full potential, I'd definitely go Long Travel haha. Though it would be fun to daily one haha. Baja Kits are nice. LSK makes some pretty nice stuff too, not sure if Mazzulla is still doing full kits but they made some desirable kits. I think they're in the control arm game now.

Man, some pre-runner/long travel kits get up to 18" of travel. Pretty nice, definitely not bolt-on and a more involved install but well worth it for what you'll get.

Looking forward to see what you go with for fenders.

1lowhoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fiberwerks fenders! This is the kit I’ll be ordering soon

Attachments

• C1F57286-7D29-4714-9D9A-A542153B78B4.jpeg
    C1F57286-7D29-4714-9D9A-A542153B78B4.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 18
  • B8CB64FC-D5AA-48CB-B456-BA15EABD552C.jpeg
    B8CB64FC-D5AA-48CB-B456-BA15EABD552C.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 80088220-F35D-4536-82BB-0B7BF2C8C8F6.jpeg
    80088220-F35D-4536-82BB-0B7BF2C8C8F6.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 17

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, definitely post up when you get them.
I saw those on Instagram. They look pretty slick.
Someone needs to come out with some rear fender for us SUV drivers.

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
If I had a place to drive it to its full potential, I'd definitely go Long Travel haha. Though it would be fun to daily one haha. Baja Kits are nice. LSK makes some pretty nice stuff too, not sure if Mazzulla is still doing full kits but they made some desirable kits. I think they're in the control arm game now.

Man, some pre-runner/long travel kits get up to 18" of travel. Pretty nice, definitely not bolt-on and a more involved install but well worth it for what you'll get.

Looking forward to see what you go with for fenders.
I have 10 inches of travel on my daily driver it has a very comfortable ride on and off road. Long travel if done right is great hit speed bumps and not care at all.

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I will have to check into these I am starting to get the itch again on some new modifications. I have been thinking about just forming up some metal flares and welding them in...

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 10 inches of travel on my daily driver it has a very comfortable ride on and off road. Long travel if done right is great hit speed bumps and not care at all.

How much of a lift did you get from your kit (Dirt King, correct)? My biggest complaint is having to climb in. That's what I like about long travel, you get a lot of travel but still pretty low-slung stance.

I will have to check into these I am starting to get the itch again on some new modifications. I have been thinking about just forming up some metal flares and welding them in...

This has been something I have been contemplating for a long time. I'd prefer metal.
If you make any metal flares, make two sets, I'll buy a set.

mrpeterclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty old, but fiberwerx now makes a tahoe/ suburban front fender and there are several long travel kits out there.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty old, but fiberwerx now makes a tahoe/ suburban front fender and there are several long travel kits out there.

1low had mentioned the fiberwerx fenders earlier in the thread
It's funny to think that there are options now for LT kits.