Fiberglass Front Fenders on Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I am looking for a wider front fender for my Tahoe so I can get better coverage and reduce the amount of dirt and mud flung up when off road. Plus I am looking into new control arms that will widen the front end by 2 1/2 inches per side.

I like some of the fiber glass 1/4 panels they put on the 1500 trucks I wonder if they will fit a Tahoe? Or what it would take to make them work. Or am I stuck just making my own...

89010152.jpg

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe contact:
mcneilracinginc.com (they have stuff for older trucks, maybe they have something behind the scenes)

vividracing.com (they have kits for tacos, raptors & new chevy/gmc trucks)

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the easiest, nearly-bolt-on way would be to get them 'glass fenders and convert to a Silverado face. Otherwise, do lots of body work: (A) Get the fenders, cut off the flares and mold them to the Tahoe fenders or (B) slice the stock Tahoe fenders to flare them and weld in filler strips.

Last edited:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd do this in heartbeat if I had a second vehicle. Just seems like the easiest route to go especially with the direction you're looking to go.

https://www.advfiberglass.com/colle...7-2013-chevrolet-silverado-one-piece-frontend

I think the kicker is finding something for the rear. Having a flared front with stock back looks a silly to me. I have searched everywhere and never saw a GMT900 Tahoe flared in the rear. GMT800 yes with functioning doors but no GMT900 Tahoe.

On the flip side, I don't think it would be that difficult to flare the stock fenders. Actually think it would be rather cool to have an all steel flared Tahoe. Finding the right Sheetmetal guy and welder is key.

I love the direction you're going with your Tahoe.
What suspension/control arms are you looking at?

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I'd do this in heartbeat if I had a second vehicle. Just seems like the easiest route to go especially with the direction you're looking to go.

https://www.advfiberglass.com/colle...7-2013-chevrolet-silverado-one-piece-frontend

I think the kicker is finding something for the rear. Having a flared front with stock back looks a silly to me. I have searched everywhere and never saw a GMT900 Tahoe flared in the rear. GMT800 yes with functioning doors but no GMT900 Tahoe.

On the flip side, I don't think it would be that difficult to flare the stock fenders. Actually think it would be rather cool to have an all steel flared Tahoe. Finding the right Sheetmetal guy and welder is key.

I love the direction you're going with your Tahoe.
What suspension/control arms are you looking at?

I like the idea of using sheet metal too. But making it lighter would be cool too. I have a racing background where light weight was always a good thing. My race bike was a 100 lbs less than stock lots of ti and carbon parts. Sooo maybe I can get or make composite fenders for the front and rear because I agree it has to be both or none...

The control arms I am looking at are the Spohn Off Road rear control arm package I need to call them up and see if they will fit my lift kit. I also have a 3 inch block that came with my lift kit to limit travel and I want to figure out if I can get rid of it to gain extra wheel travel.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of using sheet metal too. But making it lighter would be cool too. I have a racing background where light weight was always a good thing. My race bike was a 100 lbs less than stock lots of ti and carbon parts. Sooo maybe I can get or make composite fenders for the front and rear because I agree it has to be both or none...

The control arms I am looking at are the Spohn Off Road rear control arm package I need to call them up and see if they will fit my lift kit. I also have a 3 inch block that came with my lift kit to limit travel and I want to figure out if I can get rid of it to gain extra wheel travel.

I'm with ya on making it lighter. Check this out. Pretty slick and well worth the time and effort, though it may be a bit more time consuming because you will have to flare each side and make them symmetrical but still well worth it in the end.

Gotcha, so you'll be sticking with the stock locations for your links? Have you thought of going custom?
I'm eventually doing a 3-link, have been gathering bits and pieces for it.
What about up front? Love me some long travel suspension.
There's tons out there, I just wish one of these companies would focus on our platform, nobody makes anything for an GMT900 Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts