Fake chrome and trim paint? Removing roof rack? Mod ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for ideas to make our 2016 Denali our own and was thinking about painting all the chrome. Has anyone had any problem with the paint sticking on the fake chrome once sanded down?

I'm looking to paint the grill, fog light surrounds, windown trim, running board step, rear trim, and rear lift gate trim, etc. Maybe even de-badge it as well..

Does anyone know if the painted body side molding comes with both sides or just one?http://stores.revolutionparts.com/g...=exterior&scatsubgrp=bodyside-molding-package

Does anyone know if the rear lift gate comes painted like the trim or bare for prep?
#3: http://stores.revolutionparts.com/g...-engine/body-cat/exterior-trim-lift-gate-****

I'd also like to REMOVE the roof rack completely. Anyone know if there are holes in the roof or just bolts in the trim that can be removed and filled?

Still trying to decide on lowering kit and wheels. Got the windows tinted last week and LED's in fog, tail and plate lights,...and thinking about the next step. I need to get the clear bra on ASAP also.

Anyone have any other ideas or recommendations?

OP
OP
G

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like much traffic on here....these are the only pics I've found so far with any paint/wrap match. If you've got more, please feel free to add them.

Denali.jpg

Denali-2.jpg

11176565_1584889041791670_814360_n.jpg

tumblr_nq3b43hCge1rm6qieo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nq2ejpbYqb1rm6qieo1_1280.jpg

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will it stick to sanded chrome? Yes with good sanding/prep work.

I think it will look great!

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a bunch of threads on this already is why no one is responding. I painted or removed all the plastic chrome on mine.

OP
OP
G

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a bunch of threads on this already is why no one is responding. I painted or removed all the plastic chrome on mine.

I searched and only found a few and yours was the only one that talked about painting. Most talked about vinyl or plastidip. Some threads said they pop off, some say adhesive and some say they are riveted on. Which one? Most seemed to go black but was hoping someone else color matched a non-black model. I was hoping to find more info or a how to before I attempt to take it all off myself.. ;)

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my name badges and rear GMC logo off, all 3m tape. I removed the door strips and threw them out, also 3m tape. The grill and fog light surrounds required pulling the bumper and were sprayed body colored. This was ok because I did the tow hook mod as well. The window trim, step side chrome strip , roof rails and tailgate chrome were all painted by a body shop(along w grille), some in place with tapeing and some removed. All in it cost me about $1,800 but I helped and did some stuff myself. Foose rims were another 2k. Love how it looks.

I searched and only found a few and yours was the only one that talked about painting. Most talked about vinyl or plastidip. Some threads said they pop off, some say adhesive and some say they are riveted on. Which one? Most seemed to go black but was hoping someone else color matched a non-black model. I was hoping to find more info or a how to before I attempt to take it all off myself.. ;)

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my name badges and rear GMC logo off, all 3m tape. I removed the door strips and threw them out, also 3m tape. The grill and fog light surrounds required pulling the bumper and were sprayed body colored. This was ok because I did the tow hook mod as well. The window trim, step side chrome strip , roof rails and tailgate chrome were all painted by a body shop(along w grille), some in place with tapeing and some removed. All in it cost me about $1,800 but I helped and did some stuff myself. Foose rims were another 2k. Love how it looks.

Tow hook mod?

Sorry I'm new here.

Bish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyguy88

Latest posts