2020 Yukon chrome trim on hatch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gweedo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm new to this site looking for info, and ran across some serious BAD info on removing the chrome bezel on rear hatch of a 15-20 Yukon/Tahoe and thought I would do yawl a favor and clear it up to save ruining your rides! The bezel is BOLTED to the tailgate and the interior tailgate panel must be removed to access the 3/10mm nuts holding the bezel to the gate. You can order the new GMC emblem in black from any GM parts dealer online. I painted the chrome after removing emblem with flat black rattle can paint-then clear coated with matte clear coat. Turned out well.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from NYC!

I'm new to this site looking for info, and ran across some serious BAD info on removing the chrome bezel on rear hatch of a 15-20 Yukon/Tahoe and thought I would do yawl a favor and clear it up to save ruining your rides! The bezel is BOLTED to the tailgate and the interior tailgate panel must be removed to access the 3/10mm nuts holding the bezel to the gate. You can order the new GMC emblem in black from any GM parts dealer online. I painted the chrome after removing emblem with flat black rattle can paint-then clear coated with matte clear coat. Turned out well.

Moved you here.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Thank you for your explanation about your findings in your project work. Our collective knowledge base is increased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne