Factory Replacement Grille Nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking online for a while, I saw an ad for a stock style replacement grille for the Tahoe as my original one is starting to show it's age.

Called the vendor and my first question was "is this factory style, chrome overall but with black painted inner section". Girl puts me on hold for about a minute and comes back stating yes, factory duplicate. I asked are you sure because I've seen people call solid chrome grilles factory style and vice-versa. Assured me it was factory style with the black painted inner section..

It's in stock and the price is very good, I place my order. 2 weeks later it is finally delivered....and it looked like a 5 year old packaged it up. Grille surrounded by a plastic bag, a layer of bubble wrap and then wrapped up in a cobbled together "box" which was more like several pieces of cardboard they bent around the grill and taped up...nothing remotely resembling a box.

Start opening the package and guess what...it's solid chrome, not factory style. And 2 of the 3 tabs that hold the bumper filler are broken off and laying in the bag.

I call and tell them the issues, the first thing they respond with...."can you glue those back on and we'll give some credit?" WHAT??!!?? You ham-and-egg hack bastages want me to McGuyvyer up tiny tabs with glue? What about the fact that the item's not as I was told?? I let them know it's not going to work that way, what's your plan for an acceptable resolution? Employee covering the mouthpiece and asking a coworker what to do, whispering, etc. Best they could come up with.....send us pics, proof that the tabs are broken and someone will call you Monday.

I've already called my credit card company and their customer service rep said if whatever they offer as a fix isn't acceptable, just call and they'll drop the hammer on them. Monday should be interesting. I'll share who the vendor is once I know things are being resolved, so anyone else who might be considering a grille from them can be forewarned.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:whymewhyme: not cool!!

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:whymewhyme: not cool!!

X2

had a similar experience with a set of headlights when i first bought the hoe. :emotions122: seriously took MONTHS to get my money back from those D-Bags... atleast you can have the credit card company drop the charge.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm anxious to hear what company it is...

klownish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Crack it in half, send it back..when they complain, tell them to glue it back together and sell it again. J/k..but that sucks

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
that sucks. Its typical tho. every company will try and screw you over.

Let us know the company before someone else gets screwed out of there money on a POS

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea thats total BS. I hope that everything works out for you though. Definitely let us know who it is because Im looking at getting a new grille this month and I will steer clear of them!

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry man. ****** customer service. I just had the same problem with some tires I am getting ready to post a thread about.

OP
OP
TahoeJim

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big surprise...no email or phone call from the vendor today, after they assured me on Friday it would happen. Called my CC company tonight and they've opened a formal dispute with the vendor and have temporarily credited my account back. Told them all I want at this point is a full refund and a call tag from these people to send back the grille.

Should be interesting to see if they respond to the CC company...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo