Factory Bluetooth high pitched whine...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after a year of my wife complaining about my bluetooth on the burb... I decided to start looking into it. Couldnt find much going on anywhere Battery connections good, body grounds good.. SO I asked her when I was doing some city driving if she could hear it change tones when i reved up the motor... YEP Alternator whine... SOOOO

Got a piece of scrap 4 gauge I had laying around from an old sound system... Put 2 ring terminals on there, put a bolt in the side of the alternator bracket for one end of the wire, other end straight to the ground strap on the firewall... Almost all gone but still a little there she says... But she isnt complaining about it anymore... SO i call that good for now. Figured I would share if anyone else has people complaining about it.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So after a year of my wife complaining about my bluetooth on the burb... I decided to start looking into it. Couldnt find much going on anywhere Battery connections good, body grounds good.. SO I asked her when I was doing some city driving if she could hear it change tones when i reved up the motor... YEP Alternator whine... SOOOO

Got a piece of scrap 4 gauge I had laying around from an old sound system... Put 2 ring terminals on there, put a bolt in the side of the alternator bracket for one end of the wire, other end straight to the ground strap on the firewall... Almost all gone but still a little there she says... But she isnt complaining about it anymore... SO i call that good for now. Figured I would share if anyone else has people complaining about it.
Thanks for sharing

Sounds like my issue. Will give it a try.
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/bluetooth-phone-noise-2013-yukon-denali.114297/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons