Eye bolts for roof rack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R Black

Reaction score
R Black..
They are available ready-made. These should work >> https://www.parts-express.com/stainless-steel-eye-bolt-m6-x-25-mm-3-pcs-eyebolt--243-260 L
Likely you may/could find them someplace cheaper, but parts-express is the first one I found when I went looking.

Thanks!
I need to have these on before I get my Christmas tree at Home Despot.

Curious . . . I wonder why they didn't at least put stick on vinyl strips on the roof ribs?
Hmm ... maybe the ones that came with the stock bars had them(?)

R Black

Reaction score
I put stuff like an ez-up and storage totes with a 2" ratchet strap without an issue. Threads are fine thread, eyebolts are bomber, so I guess it comes down to how good is the GM casting. (Hopefully better than their condensers).

I just ordered them, thanks again Kurt.

Speaking to the strength the other fellow asked about; I don't know for sure but my guess is those mounts are just about at Quentin Tarantino strength :D

kurtibm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Curious . . . I wonder why they didn't at least put stick on vinyl strips on the roof ribs?
Hmm ... maybe the ones that came with the stock bars had them(?)

Refer back to 'mall cruiser'...

I am considering having the roof wrapped... clear.
In the mean time I cut down some ' Track Armour' film, as I had some that I use on front of the hood of my hotrod on long cruises.. I put some on the crossbars as well as the longitudinal roof-ribs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24