Exterior Door handles are all having the paint wear off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't particularly want to go to Chrome handles , and I don't want to buy OEM ready to paint either. My handles are black and the inside of all the handles are showing white ( the plastic that they are made of) I could try to touch up the parts that you can see with OEM black and put the clear coat on. Has anyone tried to do that? The handles are not that hard to replace, just trying to avoid taking the time to do it, Chrome would be a be a more long term solution but trying to keep the BLING to a mim.

2013 Tahoe Door handle paint came off.jpg2013 Tahoe Door handle paint missing.jpg

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just buy another set of handles. They’re not that much on eBay. They look black so you might even find some already the right color in usable shape.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have repainted quite a few handles... dismantle as much as you can... then get brown scotch bright (auto paint shops sell them)... scuff it up.

Buy duplicator factory match rattle cans... also plastic adhesion promoter and clear coat from parts store.

You can paint them up to look like new.

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have repainted quite a few handles... dismantle as much as you can... then get brown scotch bright (auto paint shops sell them)... scuff it up.

Buy duplicator factory match rattle cans... also plastic adhesion promoter and clear coat from parts store.

You can paint them up to look like new.
I guess I need to take each of them off ,before I try that and it's a daily driver, so I might have a problem because all handles need to be painted. Might as well get new ones and paint to match, or I might try touch up paint because all of the wear is on the interior of each one. But thanks

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go the eBay route, make sure they are oem. I bought a set of aftermarket and my goodness they were shitteee

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go the eBay route, make sure they are oem. I bought a set of aftermarket and my goodness they were shitteee
Yeah, that is what I was afraid of. Plus I think there is two black color codes delivered in 2013. I would just about rather get OEM from RockAuto or 1A-Auto , pay a little more but get quality. Replacement them is not hard just time consuming. But it would give me a reason to work on my Puddle lights while I have the door panels off

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time permitting if you have sprayed anything with decent results then you can handle spraying the handles. Isn't too hard and pretty cheap route to go. Have to take them off anyways.

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time permitting if you have sprayed anything with decent results then you can handle spraying the handles. Isn't too hard and pretty cheap route to go. Have to take them off anyways.
Ok, thanks. Doesn't you part of Az have a missile silo that you can take a tour of? We were going to do that on our last road trip to Long Beach, but decided to do it another time. Looked like an interesting tour, being that I am from that generation, ha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans