Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Wow. GM sales up for every model while Ford is down significantly.

Who would have thunk it lol

“The Ford Expedition experienced a substantial 56 percent decrease in sales volume to 9,718 units during the first quarter of 2022, placing the nameplate fourth in its segment from a sales volume standpoint. The Expedition was outsold by the Chevy Tahoe in first, which saw a four percent increase to 23,979 units, as well as the GMC Yukon which increased 15 percent to 21,296 units. The Chevy Suburban earned third with a 12 percent increase to 12,424 units.”

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just went through 4 reported posts from this thread. For what it's worth I rejected all 4 of the reports. Here are the bullet points I want to make clear to be concise.

1. be adults and treat people, as such
2. treat people with respect
3. It's ok to not agree with someone else's opinion. It's not that serious and no one will die if they don't agree with everything that is posted
4. if you have an issue with someone and just cannot bring yourself to get along with them in an adult manner then put them on your ignore list and then actually proceed with ignoring them.

We're all adults here and we expect you to act accordingly. If that's too hard to do then we will take actions appropriate for the situation. In this case, if we can't be adults in this thread the thread will be closed OR I'll ban specific members from this thread so that they can no longer participate in it.

Thanks! :waytogo:

Wow. GM sales up for every model while Ford is down significantly.

Who would have thunk it lol

“The Ford Expedition experienced a substantial 56 percent decrease in sales volume to 9,718 units during the first quarter of 2022, placing the nameplate fourth in its segment from a sales volume standpoint. The Expedition was outsold by the Chevy Tahoe in first, which saw a four percent increase to 23,979 units, as well as the GMC Yukon which increased 15 percent to 21,296 units. The Chevy Suburban earned third with a 12 percent increase to 12,424 units.”

I get the sense that, perhaps, you haven't moved on.

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Ford didn't produce the updated 2022 Ford Expedition until halfway in 2022 Q1 with deliveries starting in Q2 of 2022. I think it's not unusual to see sales of a previous generation/pre-update model trail off before the deliveries of the updated model.

It's also what happened with the Tundra sales when they switched over to a updated model. Now sure, some of the loss of sales may be COVID related, but if things are "getting worse", I wouldn't have expected 2022 Q1 results to be higher than 2021 Q4.

Tundra Sales

Q4 2020 - 32,389 units
Q4 2021 - 16,946 units
Q1 2022 - 22,643 units

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had a dealer in the Dallas area call yesterday inquiring if I was still in the market for a Tahoe (one of numerous I had contacted about in transit units).

This dealer back in Feb was $6k over

Asked how they were pricing them now - he said 10% over and an additional +$3k add-on package...so essentially $10k over

Yukon21Denali

Reaction score
Certainly a personal taste thing but IMO Fords are no comparison to GM line ups, be it Yukons or Eskys or f150 vs sierras. GM trucks looks so much better, probably why GM suvs are in livery so much and in movies and tv shows.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Certainly a personal taste thing but IMO Fords are no comparison to GM line ups, be it Yukons or Eskys or f150 vs sierras. GM trucks looks so much better, probably why GM suvs are in livery so much and in movies and tv shows.
Like you said, personal taste. The new silverados are hideous compared to either an f150 or superduty. I've never been a ford fan but they are pretty sweet trucks these days. If I was in the market for a brand new truck it would definitely look at a ford over a chevy based solely on looks.

Expeditions do catch my eye when I see them but haven't really seen any brand new ones in real life. Every soccer mom in the world seems to be driving a gmc yukon or a chevy tahoe or a cadillac escalade these days

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Like you said, personal taste. The new silverados are hideous compared to either an f150 or superduty. I've never been a ford fan but they are pretty sweet trucks these days. If I was in the market for a brand new truck it would definitely look at a ford over a chevy based solely on looks.

Expeditions do catch my eye when I see them but haven't really seen any brand new ones in real life. Every soccer mom in the world seems to be driving a gmc yukon or a chevy tahoe or a cadillac escalade these days

Yes because they are considered the premier brand in the full size category.

Comical to think a soccer mom is gonna all of a sudden want to start driving a Toyota just because it got an facelift.

Ford Expedition poses a threat to GM. I really like the Navigator too…I think Ford is trying to get it as close as possible to looks as they can.

And the grand Wagoneer….well….I see them on every dealer lot. Only 1 on the road so far. It’s easier to spot a Yeti or Lochness monster then one lol

sickk21

Reaction score
Comical to think a soccer mom is gonna all of a sudden want to start driving a Toyota just because it got an facelift.
Uh yeah I’m sure a lot of soccer moms would consider a Toyota if it would finally get an upgrade. But we’re talking about the expedition now.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Uh yeah I’m sure a lot of soccer moms would consider a Toyota if it would finally get an upgrade. But we’re talking about the expedition now.

Do you see a lot of Genesis vehicles on the road?

I certainly don’t.

And those are very very nice looking cars.

See tons of Acura, Lexus, Audi, BMW, Benz & Jaguars where I live though.

When soccer mom has $70k to spend on a full size she won’t be visiting a Toyota dealer.

When soccer mom has $50k to spend on a mid size or a sedan she sure is he’ll ain’t visiting a Hyundai Genesis dealer. Numbers speak for themselves

Last edited:

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Lincoln Navigator more than the Expedition, I know there's a big price difference between the 2 and the Navigator is more on the Escalade's level with features. The Expedition seems plain to me, the Navigator has the styling along with GM's big SUVs that catches my eye.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you see a lot of Genesis vehicles on the road?

I certainly don’t.

And those are very very nice looking cars.

See tons of Acura, Lexus, Audi, BMW, Benz & Jaguars where I live though.

When soccer mom has $70k to spend on a full size she won’t be visiting a Toyota dealer.

When soccer mom has $50k to spend on a mid size or a sedan she sure is he’ll ain’t visiting a Hyundai Genesis dealer. Numbers speak for themselves
The big thing is the Genesis dealer network hasn't kept up with the "Upscale" level of the brand. Most all of them are just glorified Kia Dealerships with service to match. I very briefly looked into one and when the dealer said sorry, we have no pickup or delivery and can't guarantee loaners... that was it for me....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC

Latest posts