Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickk21

Reaction score
I looked at his old posts and decided to call it quits. He is a broken record who's constantly wrong and waiting for something that may happen in at early as another 2 years. I'll let him argue with the next guy about how terrible GM is with production in an environment where all car manufacturers are having supply issues.

Back in December, November and October 2021:

"GM needs to get their act together. The gravy train is going to end soon once GM's competitors in the 1/2 ton based short wheel base SUV market start ramping up production. Ford just started producing the updated 2022 Expedition and Toyota just revealed the 2023 Sequoia that will start being..."

"With the way the market is going, I may end up ordering a 1/2 ton pickup and push off the full size SUV purchase until 2024+ to replace our midsize SUV. You can order a new F150 at 3-5% below invoice pricing"

"The incentive is to produce them faster than they are now because their competitors will start bringing similar products to the market. Once that happens, the party is over."

"Can you wait until 2023? There is going to be a lot more inventory and GM's competitors will have more inventory as well as brand new models."

"It's a great time for wealthy families that have extra cars and properties to unload their assets at a great price and wait 2-3 years for the Big 3 and Toyota to go back to offering substantial discounts off MSRP."

"LOL. Let's see if that's still the case when the 2022 Ford Expedition hits dealerships and Jeep ramps up production of the Wagoneer in a few month."

"Demand for full size SUVs is incredibly high right now. However, supply should start to alleviate the demand by Q1 of 2022. Not just based on increased GM production, but also on the increase production of the revised Ford Expedition as well as the new entry into the market segment - Jeep..."

"I'm curious as to what the actual market price will be in 2023. Supply will start to recover and the pickup market is very competitive with the new offerings from Ford and Toyota. I expect to see substantial discounts towards the end of 2023."

"Defeaturing of the 2022 GM full size SUVs makes it worth it to wait for the refreshed 2022 Ford Expedition. "
You hardly called it quits.
I’ve been ignoring this whole thing since you argued with me a Chevy is worth more than a Toyota.

Expedition is ugly. The refreshed front looks like a maverick and those are goofy. I also can’t stand the ford chime for whatever reason. Hah

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I’ve been ignoring this whole thing since you argued with me a Chevy is worth more than a Toyota.

I just called it quits

And a Chevy is worth more than a Toyota.

Care to want to debate Sequoia and Landcruiser sales with me?

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Expedition is ugly. The refreshed front looks like a maverick and those are goofy. I also can’t stand the ford chime for whatever reason. Hah

I just called it quits

And a Chevy is worth more than a Toyota.

Care to want to debate Sequoia and Landcruiser sales with me?

For the Nth time?

-not-smoking-any-more-but-i-aint-smokin-any-less-1.jpg

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents worth....(in a thread titled "Expedition vs Yukon" it seems reasonable to be discussing competition...)

I really *want* to like the Ford Expedition...I've always really liked Ford's. But when I price out what I would need to have, I come up with an MSRP of over $78K...My build of the Yukon XL SLT comes to a little over $70K....so yes, I can probably get a much better discount on the Ford and I do have access to X-plan, etc....but will I get $8K off? doubtful. But more importantly...I think the Yukon looks sooooo much better than the Expedition, although obviously that is personal preference.

Regarding the new Toyota Sequoia, that is just too small for me. However, if they would come out with an "XL" version very soon, I would be very interested in that. And yes, I would be quite willing to pay that same $70K (or even a little more) for something like that.

Again, just one person's opinion....

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
So low volume vehicles aren’t worth as much money?

If they were worth the money, the sales wouldn’t be so lopsided.

Again…I think the new Sequoia looks quite nice. That’s a compliment. Will I spend $70k on a Toyota? Hell no.

The Genesis Suv is gorgeous looking car. But who wants to spend that
Kind of money on a Hyundai? The answer is very few.

In a market where people are desperate to get cars, certain cars still don’t sell. It’s not rocket science. People walking into the Toyota dealership aren’t going in their to buy their most expensive cars.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I just went through 4 reported posts from this thread. For what it's worth I rejected all 4 of the reports. Here are the bullet points I want to make clear to be concise.

1. be adults and treat people, as such
2. treat people with respect
3. It's ok to not agree with someone else's opinion. It's not that serious and no one will die if they don't agree with everything that is posted
4. if you have an issue with someone and just cannot bring yourself to get along with them in an adult manner then put them on your ignore list and then actually proceed with ignoring them.

We're all adults here and we expect you to act accordingly. If that's too hard to do then we will take actions appropriate for the situation. In this case, if we can't be adults in this thread the thread will be closed OR I'll ban specific members from this thread so that they can no longer participate in it.

Thanks! :waytogo:

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents worth....(in a thread titled "Expedition vs Yukon" it seems reasonable to be discussing competition...)

I really *want* to like the Ford Expedition...I've always really liked Ford's. But when I price out what I would need to have, I come up with an MSRP of over $78K...My build of the Yukon XL SLT comes to a little over $70K....so yes, I can probably get a much better discount on the Ford and I do have access to X-plan, etc....but will I get $8K off? doubtful. But more importantly...I think the Yukon looks sooooo much better than the Expedition, although obviously that is personal preference.

Regarding the new Toyota Sequoia, that is just too small for me. However, if they would come out with an "XL" version very soon, I would be very interested in that. And yes, I would be quite willing to pay that same $70K (or even a little more) for something like that.

Again, just one person's opinion....
I agree with most people here and think the GMC Yukon Denali XL looks the best. But looks are less of a priority for me than features, trailering, reliability, driving dynamics, and value. I'm hoping Toyota chooses to go with a long wheel base Sequioa and has a more comparable Lexus SUV so that your retail customer has more options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos