Exhaust Manifold Bolts No Bueno

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bolt clamp gizmo is a breeze to install on the passenger side. Took me about 15 minutes. I then spent 15 minutes looking at the driver's side and called it a day and went back inside.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI the driver rear is almost impossible to get the Dorman clamp on due to the firewall. Some guys have figured a way but it ain’t easy. The others are a breeze.

The bolt clamp gizmo is a breeze to install on the passenger side. Took me about 15 minutes. I then spent 15 minutes looking at the driver's side and called it a day and went back inside.

When I did the Kral clamp on the driver's rear all I did was unbolt the transmission mount, jack the rear of the transmission up as high as it would go until it was pressing against the tunnel, and this effectively tilts the entire engine forward, away from the firewall a couple of inches. After doing that, install was super easy.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm shocked you had to remove all that. Only thing I can guess is that I just got lucky. Start to finish took me about 45 mins to do mine, including unbolting the transmission mount and tilting the engine forward. '08 Denali AWD :shrug:

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should look at replacing the swaybar bushings and endlinks. Makes a huge difference.

Partial thread hijack...

I have a lot of family down in your area, Pass Christian to be exact. I'm usually down there 2-3 times a year. :)

OP
OP
donjetman

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should look at replacing the swaybar bushings and endlinks. Makes a huge difference.
Right, the end link bushings were one of the first things I replaced.

Where's a good place/price to get the 2 bar bushings?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz