Escalade clicks up and down in one corner when slowing down/accelerating *SOLVED*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very vague question. I got a weird noise! What could it possibly be?! And these are the responses you get, and then you start saying this and that is brand new, couldn’t be this or that… cmon man work with us here….

OP
OP
Mordechai

Mordechai

Reaction score
Very vague question. I got a weird noise! What could it possibly be?! And these are the responses you get, and then you start saying this and that is brand new, couldn’t be this or that… cmon man work with us here….
Go back and read my post again, slowly this time. It isn't vague at all.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I mentioned the sway bar bushings because my truck has the same symptoms. My wife’s VW did the same. It seems to be a thing typical to vehicles with power to front axles.

OP
OP
Mordechai

Mordechai

Reaction score
I mentioned the sway bar bushings because my truck has the same symptoms. My wife’s VW did the same. It seems to be a thing typical to vehicles with power to front axles.
That's so strange. I'll definitely look over them again. Thanks!

OP
OP
Mordechai

Mordechai

Reaction score
UPDATE: So I went to take the strut out and i guess the shock had broken like my old one and it exploded and missed my face by an inch. Threw my Bilstein 1500s in and we're good to go. Not worth the little bit of extra comfort. The factory electronic ride shocks cant handle these 33s.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Attachments

• PXL_20210911_213359500.jpg
    PXL_20210911_213359500.jpg
    851.8 KB · Views: 6

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: So I went to take the strut out and i guess the shock had broken like my old one and it exploded and missed my face by an inch. Threw my Bilstein 1500s in and we're good to go. Not worth the little bit of extra comfort. The factory electronic ride shocks cant handle these 33s.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Gud lawd!

So now it's not wobbling over the bumps? Makes sense if one corner was being controlled and the opposite one was left to freely bounce.

OP
OP
Mordechai

Mordechai

Reaction score
Gud lawd!

So now it's not wobbling over the bumps? Makes sense if one corner was being controlled and the opposite one was left to freely bounce.
It surprisingly wasn't wobbling over bumps, I just felt and heard that corner of the truck pop up and down when accelerating or slowing down. Very weird. But yes that's no more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demetris