Escalade clicks up and down in one corner when slowing down/accelerating *SOLVED*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mordechai

Reaction score
I'm having an extremely weird issue that just started on my 2008.
If I come to a stop, I can feel and hear a pop/click/clunk from the driver's side front wheel area and the suv drops a little in that corner, and when I take off, I feel it and hear again and that corner goes up again and stays up until the next time I come to a stop. Everything looks and feels normal and tight regarding the suspension. The wheel has no movement any way when jacked up off the ground. Anyone have this before?

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having an extremely weird issue that just started on my 2008.
If I come to a stop, I can feel and hear a pop/click/clunk from the driver's side front wheel area and the suv drops a little in that corner, and when I take off, I feel it and hear again and that corner goes up again and stays up until the next time I come to a stop. Any ideas? Anyone have this before? Everything looks and feels normal and tight regarding the suspension. The wheel has no movement any way when jacked up off the ground. Can the strut be doing this?
A piece of the strut assembly may be loose or the shock is blown but my first thought is the sway bar end link bushings. Do your front struts use spacers or longer struts to get the lift?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
All the above and the sway bar bushings. When milage hits 100k it’s time for a rebuild. Have an inspection completed based upon a complete front end rebuild. Obviously that’s not your priority, but if you know what’s breaking you can plan on replacing parts based on labor that may replace parts in the way at no additional cost.

Start shopping for your preferred shock and sway bar bush’s in Poly or hellwig sway bars.

OP
OP
Mordechai

Mordechai

Reaction score
A piece of the strut assembly may be loose or the shock is blown but my first thought is the sway bar end link bushings. Do your front struts use spacers or longer struts to get the lift?
Struts definitely not loose but might be binding up, kinda feels like that. Gonna try to swap it out. I looked through everything with a prybar. My end links are pretty new too.

OP
OP
Mordechai

Mordechai

Reaction score
All the above and the sway bar bushings. When milage hits 100k it’s time for a rebuild. Have an inspection completed based upon a complete front end rebuild. Obviously that’s not your priority, but if you know what’s breaking you can plan on replacing parts based on labor that may replace parts in the way at no additional cost.

Start shopping for your preferred shock and sway bar bush’s in Poly or hellwig sway bars.
Everything other than struts and lower ball joints are new.

OP
OP
Mordechai

Mordechai

Reaction score
I’ve installed many new components faulty out of the box. Just cuz it’s new doesn’t always mean it’s good.
True. Going to replace the known worn parts and go from there. Wanted to see if anyone else experienced this weird thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demetris