Engine ticky-ticky-ticky sound at idle (2007 Tahoe 5.3L, 135,000 miles)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oil change before last, I used AC Delco.

ACDelco has lots of different oils so make sure they are for your truck. The GM and ACDelco part numbers I supplied above are current and optimized for aluminum engines and will work with yours just fine even though you have an iron block with aluminum heads.

OP
OP
mjreynolds928

mjreynolds928

Reaction score
OK! So now I got home and ran 5-ft hose, one end at my ear. The other along the engine bay. The house is really loud coming from the fly wheel area. Wtf does that mean? It does not even sound like it’s coming from the engine. But I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw two crack lines of flex plate. Tell it to me straight guys. How long do I have. Dealership said it’s about a 9 hour job @ $110/hr plus parts.

I would be leery of driving it much as I would not want it to let loose while I'm going down the road.

@Tonyrodz had at least one flexplate crack on him in his work van.
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/posts/1395065/

EDIT: Whether you do it or have someone else do it, might consider replacing your rear main seal while it's opened up.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I would be leery of driving it much as I would not want it to let loose while I'm going down the road.

@Tonyrodz had at least one flexplate crack on him in his work van.
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/posts/1395065/

EDIT: Whether you do it or have someone else do it, might consider replacing your rear main seal while it's opened up.
Actually both of my work vans flexplates were cracked.
I saw two crack lines of flex plate. Tell it to me straight guys. How long do I have. Dealership said it’s about a 9 hour job @ $110/hr plus parts.

You def need to get it fixed ASAP!! Forget the dealer, ask around at the small mom and pop garages. They're much more reasonable.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to see the cracks need a picture . And check exhaust manifold bolts Im sure you have a couple bolts missing . Yes take finger and turn on cold engine the exhaust manifold bolts they might come out when you try to turn them . If it was a cracked flex plate it would of broke a long time ago .. only guessing.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019