Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FAUST

FAUST

Reaction score
Hey y’all - after thinking what could be causing a feeling of “hesitation” on acceleration - I remembered my 4WD was automatically turning on and wouldn’t turn off.

There were a few times while on “auto” it would activate 4WD H and would not turn back to 2wd manually.

The symptoms feel like there is something “catching” or like a sprocket skipping - I don’t know how else to explain it. It’s a noticeable while accelerating or decelerating- could the 4wd actuator be bad? Would this possibly cause the feeling that something is trying to “catch” or “activate”?

I am sorry for the poor explanation - but any help is appreciated.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
At 150k the f/p, carbon canister and fuel tank / lines should be blown out. If it hasn’t been done yet, it should have been done at 100k mi.

Just like replacing the -/+ battery cables at 100k to ensure the can/bus 5v diagnostic system doesn’t display Leprechaun codes, there’s basic maint that is mandatory to properly diagnose routine issues.

OP
OP
FAUST

FAUST

Reaction score
Thank you for this - is there a somewhere I can find the basic maintenance schedule? I think it’s a good idea to start on that while working to figure out this issue.

I bought this at 124k in 2018 - I had not done any work on my vehicles other than an oil change. Since buying this thing, I have replaced/fixed the following: rear differential, front end suspension - upper and lower control arms, inner and outer tie rods, struts, rear air shocks and compressor, in and out heater hoses, radiator hose, plugs and wires 3x (I have since learned those need to be replaced more frequently), alternator/power steering pump bracket, battery - all of this with continuous issues cropping up. So, I think starting to get after the basic maintenance would be good to help avoid further issues compounded by not completing scheduled maintenance.

My next job is transmission maintenance and what you have listed above.

Can you tell me what f/p (fuel pump?) carbon canister and fuel tank lines blown out means? I assume to clean or “blow out” crud that has built up? Do you have advice or process on how to achieve this process?

Again, I’m learning to be patient and not just throw money at it but take the time to do the necessary work to get back to status quo.

I do appreciate all the help I have received - it has saved me hundreds and hours of work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts