Electric Suburban / Electric Tahoe / Yukon / Escalade EV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubyagee01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you disagreeing with the content or simply indulging in ad Hominems?

Is Reuters better?

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2AJ2EI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who cares. You just spew the progressive angle like you’re paid to do it.

Renewables and electric cars are being pushed harder then their ability.

Lets all buy Volts, no wait, lets all buy teslas.

You know theres not enough lithium to make all the batteries needed.

LEts aLL bUy EleCtriC CaRZ yO!! ItS fOr THe cHiLdrEn!!!

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who cares. You just spew the progressive angle like you’re paid to do it.

Renewables and electric cars are being pushed harder then their ability.

Lets all buy Volts, no wait, lets all buy teslas.

You know theres not enough lithium to make all the batteries needed.

LEts aLL bUy EleCtriC CaRZ yO!! ItS fOr THe cHiLdrEn!!!
Figured.

Stick with emotion. I’ll stick with facts.

The future doesn’t care how upset you are with it and I don’t need to be paid to care about facts.

Last edited:

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The majority of the funding Schumer is talking about would be for creating domestic manufacturing jobs in the battery industry so that we could better compete with China.

And the top 20% pay 90% of the taxes so I’d much prefer to give them some of that back as opposed to either re-distributing it or paying for endless oil wars.

And it turns out that windmills work pretty darn well when it’s cold. Even in Texas.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02/16/texas-wind-turbines-frozen/amp/

#factzealot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubyagee01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured.

Stick with emotion. I’ll stick with facts.

The future doesn’t care how upset you are with it and I don’t need to be paid to care about facts.

The tech is decades away from feasibility but you keep preaching “dude”. Maybe HR will keep liking your posts.

Facts.....

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool battery breakthrough...isn’t science cool?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41560-020-00757-7

Not as cool as this. It seems the internal combustion engive won't go away without a little coaxing. They can't sell an EV without incentives plus artificially raising the cost of ICE vehicles.

"The actions the administration plans to take on the side of raising the price for internal combustion cars include traditional methods like increasing controls on tailpipe emissions, which barely exist in new models these days, and by raising the fleet gas mileage standards imposed on automakers. Requirements like these have over the last 40 years already helped to increase the cost of gas-powered cars to the point at which auto finance companies now offer long-term loans that resemble a home mortgage just to get the things off their lots. Yet, despite all of that, the internal combustion cars remain significantly less expensive than similar-class EVs. Thus, the imposition of further restrictions is in part motivated by the desire to help even out those price tags.

But the administration also plans to impose more subtle measures behind the scenes whose impact on the prices for cars and gasoline will be very real but difficult for consumers to pinpoint as the cause of the sticker shock to come. One such measure is the result of an action President Biden himself already took in the form of an executive order issued in late February ordering his regulatory agencies to raise the standard Social Cost of Carbon (SCC) estimate from $7 per ton of emissions by more than 700%, to $51 per ton."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidb...-accelerate-us-adoption-of-electric-vehicles/

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not as cool as this. It seems the internal combustion engive won't go away without a little coaxing. They can't sell an EV without incentives plus artificially raising the cost of ICE vehicles.

"The actions the administration plans to take on the side of raising the price for internal combustion cars include traditional methods like increasing controls on tailpipe emissions, which barely exist in new models these days, and by raising the fleet gas mileage standards imposed on automakers. Requirements like these have over the last 40 years already helped to increase the cost of gas-powered cars to the point at which auto finance companies now offer long-term loans that resemble a home mortgage just to get the things off their lots. Yet, despite all of that, the internal combustion cars remain significantly less expensive than similar-class EVs. Thus, the imposition of further restrictions is in part motivated by the desire to help even out those price tags.

But the administration also plans to impose more subtle measures behind the scenes whose impact on the prices for cars and gasoline will be very real but difficult for consumers to pinpoint as the cause of the sticker shock to come. One such measure is the result of an action President Biden himself already took in the form of an executive order issued in late February ordering his regulatory agencies to raise the standard Social Cost of Carbon (SCC) estimate from $7 per ton of emissions by more than 700%, to $51 per ton."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidb...-accelerate-us-adoption-of-electric-vehicles/

And they can’t sell ICE without spending trillions to keep gas under $10/gallon.

I find it truly shocking that EV’s (who are barely 10 years into mass production) haven’t met production costs of a 100 year old product. Crazy!!

They’re coming for you!

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And they can’t sell ICE without spending trillions to keep gas under $10/gallon.

I find it truly shocking that EV’s (who are barely 10 years into mass production) haven’t met production costs of a 100 year old product. Crazy!!

They’re coming for you!

You have quite the imagination, no one is spending trillions as you claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879