Electric Side steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sam123

Reaction score
I am wanting to add electric running boards to my 2015 Tahoe LTZ. Is this possible? Does anyone know if it is plug and play and will electric running boards off a 2015 Escalade fit a 2015 Tahoe? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Highly doubt its plug and play, because there's a button on the dash that controls whether the steps are on or off. Furthermore, the computer would probably need to be reprogrammed for the steps to come out with each door and to close when the doors are closed

OP
OP
T

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Highly doubt its plug and play, because there's a button on the dash that controls whether the steps are on or off. Furthermore, the computer would probably need to be reprogrammed for the steps to come out with each door and to close when the doors are closed

Is it possible to reprogram at the dealer and add the button on the dash? It seems like it would be and that it wouldn't be a complicated process

sam123

Reaction score
Is it possible to reprogram at the dealer and add the button on the dash? It seems like it would be and that it wouldn't be a complicated process
I don't know if GM would allow the dealer to do that or even if they're able to. Plus, if you have an LT/LS you may have to swap out the computer for an LTZ/Premier which may not properly work with your car.

OP
OP
T

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if GM would allow the dealer to do that or even if they're able to. Plus, if you have an LT/LS you may have to swap out the computer for an LTZ/Premier which may not properly work with your car.

I have an LTZ so if its just a matter of adding the steps and switch im interested.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I just got one motorized step. It looks exactly like one I've seen added on a nbs. It works. Came off an expedition. IMAG2306.jpg IMAG2309.jpg IMAG2302.jpg IMAG2304.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19