Swapping electric running boards to stationary

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AOK

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a 2021 Yukon XL Denali with automatic running boards. Wanting to switch to stationary (OEM or aftermarket) but am running in to a lot of issues since the automatics only have two mounting points. Nothing seems compatible. Does anyone have any solutions or ideas for swapping to stationary running boards? Thanks in advance, my local GM dealer and two off road companies in town have come up empty so far.

OP
OP
AOK

AOK

Reaction score
Appreciate that, unfortunately that is just a trim piece of the electric boards I believe.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why can't you order one left and one right of (these appear to be the extended wheel base version), may need to look up for the short wheel base.
Left P/NRight P/NDescription
8480951884809519Left and Right with Chrome Insert Fixed Running Board Assembly
8480951484809515Left and Right with Black Insert Fixed Running Board Assembly

Would think any body shop worth their salt could install these (or would think is not too tough to do yourself). Cannot imagine that there is a difference in the body/frame of our rigs whether or not they have power or regular boards on them. I'd thiink all mounting holes are there...and some are not used depending on which step you ahve installed.

The only challenge may be deprogramming the option in the computer as not installed...and not sure what happens if you just unplug them. Perhaps if you unplug the Control Module for the auto running boards, the vehicle will recognize them as not installed...not sure.

Note, @AOK, scroll down in the list that @Blackcar provided; the fixed version is listed on the same poage, further down. The assembly P/N's provided include the mounting brackets too.

1705436021859.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
AOK

AOK

Reaction score
It seems like it should work, I agree. But for some reason two shops, my GM part department and two different running board manufacturers have all said that they have a different attachment system with the auto-deployed boards.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like it should work, I agree. But for some reason two shops, my GM part department and two different running board manufacturers have all said that they have a different attachment system with the auto-deployed boards.
They probably do but if you buy stationary boards they will come with attaching system that work with them.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They probably do but if you buy stationary boards they will come with attaching system that work with them.
For sure on the aftermarket...and, like I said, I gotta believe there are holes/threaded nuts welded to the frame in the correct spot for both the stationary and power -- there are not 2 frame P/N, no dang way. Has anybody put it on the lift and looked, or crawled up under to see? I would do it myself, but it is -10 here and I broke my leg...so I can't right now...

If the dealer can't figure it out; suggest going to a body shop...they work on these things all day...they will know.

Last edited:

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For sure on the aftermarket...and, like I said, I gotta believe there are holes/threaded nuts welded to the frame in the correct spot for both the stationary and power -- there are not 2 frame P/N, no dang way. Has anybody put it on the lift and looked, or crawled up under to see? I would do it myself, but it is -10 here and I broke my leg...so I can't right now...

If the dealer can't figure it out; suggest going to a body shop...they work on these things all day...they will know.
If they are selling the ones in link in post #2 I linked and say they fit vehicle in search the attachments that boards come with will fit locations in inner rockers on truck for sure.

Dirty30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any updates on this? Would like to do the same. More worried about programming and check engine light after they are unplugged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan