Disable ACC and use normal CC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beeker702

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ and I want to disable the ACC and use regular CC. Does anyone know if I’m able to do it and how to do it? I hate acc. Thanks

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think you have that option, but I could be wrong. My 2015 Yukon Denali XL did not have that option. However, my wife’s ‘19 Escalade ESV has the ability to switch back and forth between normal CC and ACC.

It’s done in the ‘19 Escalade ESV by holding down the cruise control button and that’s how you toggle between normal CC and ACC.

OP
OP
Beeker702

Beeker702

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, yea a friend of mine told me that but I wasn’t sure if there was some type of update. Thats the only thing I hate about this Tahoe, other then that I love it and she’s a beast in the snow! I wish I was able to get apple car play on my Tahoe.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, yea a friend of mine told me that but I wasn’t sure if there was some type of update. Thats the only thing I hate about this Tahoe, other then that I love it and she’s a beast in the snow! I wish I was able to get apple car play on my Tahoe.
you can it's just a module you plug in that is upated, some places sell them programmed to your vin already and makes it all plug in play
you can find them on ebay or online.
just do your reseach to be sure you are getting the correct one.
keep in mind the module has to be programmed to your vin either by the selling party already or if you just get one un programmed, then the dealer can do it for a fee usually a better deal to just get it already programmed. you can't just throw anything in and hope it works.

OP
OP
Beeker702

Beeker702

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you can it's just a module you plug in that is upated, some places sell them programmed to your vin already and makes it all plug in play
you can find them on ebay or online.
just do your reseach to be sure you are getting the correct one.
keep in mind the module has to be programmed to your vin either by the selling party already or if you just get one un programmed, then the dealer can do it for a fee usually a better deal to just get it already programmed. you can't just throw anything in and hope it works.
Thanks, but do you know what it’s called?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but do you know what it’s called?
you really have to do a little homework on this before you move forward, using the correct part/parts is critical
for a baisic upgrade to a IO6 HMI module, there is a couple different ways to go about upgrading. you can just add the android auto/carplay or do a full on nav & blueray or inbetween, the later just requires more parts
1. buy one already programmed (kits run $499 and up)
2. buy a used one pulled from a wrecking yard and unlock it with a obd genie $139, this just removes theft lock, no other feature upgrades
3. buy a used hmi and send it to WAMS for full feature unlocking and 2023 map upgrade $199-$249
the 2nd and 3rd option may be cheaper you just need to be sure you get the correct HMI for your vehicle.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
Beeker702

Beeker702

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

My 2015 Tahoe LTZ

Attachments

• IMG_3986.jpeg
    IMG_3986.jpeg
    429.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3984.jpeg
    IMG_3984.jpeg
    657.5 KB · Views: 3

TCOLL5830

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ and I want to disable the ACC and use regular CC. Does anyone know if I’m able to do it and how to do it? I hate acc. Thanks
Man... I'm right with you. I hate ACC. YouTube demo's dont work. I have same truck ('15 LTZ)

RoadTrip

Reaction score
Not sure why all the hate of ACC? It’s one of the features I like and use constantly on my 2015 SLT XL. Maybe yours is not working correctly or you need to change your settings?

I drive busy metro areas and use it on the freeways by setting it about 10mph faster than I think I want to go so that it accelerates quickly in the passing lane if I get an open lane to pass. Otherwise, it maintains a distance from the other cars which I can choose, and slows or stops the truck if traffic suddenly changes ahead, and it usually is just a little faster than me at recognizing the slow down.

Try setting your follow distance to the minimum step. I find that is about two seconds behind the car in front.

If you hate it that bad, maybe you can remove or alter the sensor behind the front bumper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269