E fans and towing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i hear ya, i still have all my cars i bought in my life.. lol all 5 of them. 2 of them are my DDs. but the others are fun summer cars..

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the larger raddiator already installed (stock tow package)...34x19...not sure how many cores. Funny I cant find a 3 core. I have a 3 core in my 91 stang.

Yeah I have the tow package in mine too, I have the big core but when I popped the shroud off this weekend it appears to be a single core ... My new radiator should be here today FedEx. I'll take pics if they are different. :D

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
retorq...now you have me wondering about mine.... engine ships tomorrow and I paid for 3 day so hopefully I will see it friday and can start to pull the old one out. I will check mine then. If its a single core I will have to upgrade her. Would love to see picts of both of them. If its a single and I upgrade to a 2 core, electric fans might be an option as long as I stay away from UD's.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
someone on here picked up a three core off ebay awhile back (don't recall who it was) there was a thread on here about replacement radiators.

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dang, a 3 core would be really sweet. larger capacity and cooling.

gonna have to do a seach...thanks

any sugestions on motor mounts for the Hoe? I figure I might as well replace them since they have 169,000 miles on them but I cant find any for a 5.7L!

EDIT: I just found a thread on here talking about the 2 core being for 2wd no towing and the 1 core for 2wd towing...that makes no sense. More cores means more cooling capacity so the more cores should help with towing...or am I missing something?

Last edited:

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that makes sense .. I have a 2wd 4 door with towing package. That is kinda screwy then ... I figured the heavier the truck more cores.

No radiator today, it says tomorrow is the expected date so I'll post pics tom nite I guess.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

dang, a 3 core would be really sweet. larger capacity and cooling.

gonna have to do a seach...thanks

any sugestions on motor mounts for the Hoe? I figure I might as well replace them since they have 169,000 miles on them but I cant find any for a 5.7L!

EDIT: I just found a thread on here talking about the 2 core being for 2wd no towing and the 1 core for 2wd towing...that makes no sense. More cores means more cooling capacity so the more cores should help with towing...or am I missing something?

Motor mounts for small block trucks are pretty much the same. You can get poly for these ... I have a poly tranny mount.

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up buying motor mounts from Advance auto...along with the heavy duty intake gaskets. Now I just need hoses and a new belt.

I still think the 2 core is for towing...its deisgned to get more heat out of the coolant before reentering the engine. I cant wait to see your radiator. Where did you buy it from?

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Double check your old radiator...I think mine is 19" tall and the one you listed is 17". Good find....never realized the 94 blazer radiator fit our trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv