Rear Defrost connector repair- seems tricky and requires 3 hands???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I soldered mine with electrical solder a couple years ago and she’s been solid since.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I soldered mine with electrical solder a couple years ago and she’s been solid since.
That was what I tried too. Unfortunately it didn’t work for me and I ended up damaging more of the contact area on the window. I decided to stop and see if there was a better solution. Wish I would have known about the metallic epoxy before I made it worse.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
That first picture of yours looks like a bunch of old adhesive that the PO put on...is that correct?

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Good technique to remove glue is liberally applying isopropyl alcohol and covering it with plastic and letting sit for 10 minutes. Then rub it off. Since you’re taking the glass off you’ll be able to do this.

For the wire part you could put IPA in a small jar and soak the connector in it, then try rubbing it off.

I wonder if you’d need to repeat it a couple times?

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63