E fans and towing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! Do I need a specific scan tool or is that included? Never reprogramed a truck before.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats my concern. I was looking to see if I could find a radiator with an additional core and a oil cooler as those two items could help but cant find anything. I plan to tow around 7,000 lbs. Only due it once a year but its a 12 hour drive both ways in the South during the summer.

I just got a fully welded aluminum piece with both engine oil and tranny coolers built in ... 2 core off EBay.

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the larger raddiator already installed (stock tow package)...34x19...not sure how many cores. Funny I cant find a 3 core. I have a 3 core in my 91 stang.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Thanks!! Do I need a specific scan tool or is that included? Never reprogramed a truck before.

theres a couple ways of doing it, theres usually "meets" where Justin comes out and you drive around for a little and he reads off your computer and fine tunes everything, or if you cant find a meet near where you live, you can do a mail order tune.. you dont need anything besides money lol

edit: looked up to see where they would be at next and i know they just moved to Cali, so he wont be traveling soon.. best bet is to mail order..

Last edited:

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
no problem.. why couldn't you get your original motor rebuilt? those limited are some special, and with a recon motor, idk if the value will stay once you sell it

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I priced a rebuild and the crate was going to run about the same if I needed new heads (read alot of stories of the vortec heads cracking). I am under the impression that the motor is a normal 350...is there a difference between the 99 Hoe 350 adn the 00 limited's 350??

The fact the rims are a Limitied Hoe only item is why I havent upgraded to chrome.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
no no difference in motors. but when you tell someone its not all original, idkk IMO...

i know its a stock limited, throw up some pictures.. all of the limiteds are good looking

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not overly concern with resale...I paid $7000 for it 5 years ago and other then intake gaskets, water pump and the dread fuel pump I havent done anything to her other then change the oil and replace the tires! I plan to keep her for another 5 years or more. I still have a 91 Mustang 5.0L LX in the driveway I have had since 96. I get attached to my vehicles, they are like kids, I cant get rid of them. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honda 01

Latest posts