Dual battery setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobsobs98

Reaction score
Did a dual optima yellow top set up, direct connection with 0awg, have a 200 amp alternator, been in for a month now, no problems whatsoever. Took about an hour to set up, I have no reason to isolate.

Some pictures

Attachments

• IMAG0329.jpg
    IMAG0329.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 150
  • IMAG0327.jpg
    IMAG0327.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 154
OP
OP
98 2-DOOR

98 2-DOOR

Reaction score
Finally finished install...I did put the isolator in so that i will always have one good battery for start up. Without the isolator, both batteries drain no matter what i would be using. Seems to be working great, i'll follow up with some pics shortly, relatively clean install. The only thing i want to add to the is a battery on/off switch for the winch to eliminate any possibility of anything shorting out and burning up (heard horror stories).

OP
OP
98 2-DOOR

98 2-DOOR

Reaction score
here's the pics...fairly simple install.

Attachments

• Dual Battery Setup.jpg
    Dual Battery Setup.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Dual Battery Setup Bat 1.jpg
    Dual Battery Setup Bat 1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Dual Battery Setup Bat 2.jpg
    Dual Battery Setup Bat 2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Dual Battery Setup 2.jpg
    Dual Battery Setup 2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Dual Battery Setup 3.jpg
    Dual Battery Setup 3.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 127

kaoticlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
98 2-door, I did the dual battery install and did the install of my mrk8 fan. my question is when I turn my a/c on it kicks the fan on high which is what I want but it pulls my volts on the meter to 11 with a/c on full blast and fan running (all at idle) have any problem with that? and will the big 3 help?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
almost all who have efans will suffer from that if you have a 105 amp nator. a larger one would help alleviate that. regardless it will be more noticeable when it is hot outside as the regulator drops the charging power as it gets hotter out. also depends on where you linked in your fan wiring to.

kaoticlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
almost all who have efans will suffer from that if you have a 105 amp nator. a larger one would help alleviate that. regardless it will be more noticeable when it is hot outside as the regulator drops the charging power as it gets hotter out. also depends on where you linked in your fan wiring to.

sheez always hot in florida. lol ....I hooked fan directly to main battery and ingnition source on fuse panel under hood, also green wire to a/c pressor. what about a 140 (I think thats the one right?) amp alternator for a say 99 escalade or 99 denali?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
same as me and a good wire route a 140 amper would help out. i used the the nbs 145 amp unit. and during cold weather it can handle everything on while at idle. in hot weather it suffers a little but not as much as the old 105a did. being as how you have dual batteries and may occasionally drain the hell out of one during normal use(assuming they are isolated. but it does not sound like it based on your previous sayings) you would need more power to recover just as fast son you may want to consider larger.

kaoticlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same as me and a good wire route a 140 amper would help out. i used the the nbs 145 amp unit. and during cold weather it can handle everything on while at idle. in hot weather it suffers a little but not as much as the old 105a did. being as how you have dual batteries and may occasionally drain the hell out of one during normal use(assuming they are isolated. but it does not sound like it based on your previous sayings) you would need more power to recover just as fast son you may want to consider larger.

SUN I hooked the 2nd battery to the aux post on the back of the fuse box. I was considering a battery isolator as they are readily available here with so many boats and all. and a nbs 145? whats the part number tyf yoda?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2015YukonDen

Latest posts