Dual battery setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98 2-DOOR

Reaction score
Anybody have a dual battery setup, simple? Just need to add second battery for winch only.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
I was going to use a setup like this on an old truck I had but I never got around to it. It uses a dual battery switch for a boat to separate both batteries for charging.

I've heard of problems using two batteries constantly. Problems charging, problems with different size/age batteries, etc. The switch cuts power to one of the batteries...less problems.
http://www.ifish.net/gallery/data/500/StandardBatterySwitchWiring.jpg

Last edited:

ESCALADE200224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Its easy enough I'd like to have two battery's one for constant use then one backup like in my boat. If anyone has done this please post!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I assume you want them isolated correct? I have not done mine yet need money but mainly I have not come up with a product that serves my specific needs without costing more then $1000.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
do you need anything like automatic charging control or dual battery amperage availability when say starting or something like that?

ESCALADE200224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question is would I need more than one alternator? Or will mine over charge the batteries and brake.

OP
OP
98 2-DOOR

98 2-DOOR

Reaction score
ok, so i went to a local audio shop and they said that all i needed was an isolator. so i pick up a 200amp stinger isolator, associated battery cables and connectors. i already upgraded my alternator to a 200amp, now all i need to do is hook it all up...standby...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr