Dual Alternator wiring 07 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your yellow wire has the resistor? Post a link of what you bought. A 1 wire would have been simple. And It looks like you are reading alt voltage not batt voltage.

OP
OP
MalcDogg

MalcDogg

Reaction score
So your yellow wire has the resistor? Post a link of what you bought. A 1 wire would have been simple. And It looks like you are reading alt voltage not batt voltage.

Myles I draw the diagram wrong the first time

image.jpg

OP
OP
MalcDogg

MalcDogg

Reaction score
When I put my voltmeter on the alternator without the battery connected it’s only reading 12 volts or sometime lower not keeping the battery charged
I’m thinking maybe going with a deep cycle instead ‍♂️

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 pin oval- PLFIS rear view pins- PL stator/light ,I F field/ign, S sense,, tab on top
So yes wired incorrectly. And you have a diode inline, not a resistor in 46-1873 Is it installed Backwards? So were your plans to run alt at full output all the time? Your yellow wire should have Fuse inline. Wrong Harness/connector. But can be made to work. Use 1 wire on "I" For IGN only. P, S ,L unused. Try putting fusible link or fuse in Output somewhere before Battery.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MalcDogg

MalcDogg

Reaction score
4 pin oval- PLFIS rear view pins- PL stator/light ,I F field/ign, S sense,, tab on top
So yes wired incorrectly. And you have a diode inline, not a resistor in 46-1873 Is it installed Backwards? So were your plans to run alt at full output all the time? Your yellow wire should have Fuse inline. Wrong Harness/connector. But can be made to work. Use 1 wire on "I" For IGN only. P, S ,L unused. Try putting fusible link or fuse in Output somewhere before Battery.

Ok so u telling me I have to move the L pin to F?

here’s the diagram

image.jpg

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only use yellow wire. Sorry for confusion. I was not able to copy print pics.
Not having Your manufacturer of V/R Made it tough. If it is WAI you should be good.
Is Your last pic Post 15 from alt pin positions?(SFLP)Looking at face of connector Front View?

OP
OP
MalcDogg

MalcDogg

Reaction score
Not having Your manufacturer of V/R Made it tough. If it is WAI you should be good.
Is Your last pic Post 15 from alt pin positions?(SFLP)Looking at face of connector Front View?

I haven’t tried it yet I’m gonna try that when I get home

OP
OP
MalcDogg

MalcDogg

Reaction score

Ok so I wired with just 1 wire and added the fuse before I connected the battery the alt post was reading 12.1v connected the battery and drove around now it’s only reading 11.3v and going down

I want it to hold the battery at at least 13.5 for my sound system

what do I need to do to get this to work

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you verified the diode facing correct direction or removed? Voltage at alt Ign plug term when key on. Plugged in and unplugged.
You giving up nearly no info isn't helping- so where oh where is your secret vendor that can't help You?

OP
OP
MalcDogg

MalcDogg

Reaction score
Have you verified the diode facing correct direction or removed? Voltage at alt Ign plug term when key on. Plugged in and unplugged.
You giving up nearly no info isn't helping- so where oh where is your secret vendor that can't help You?

Ok let’s start at the beginning
2008 Chevy Tahoe LS
I have a red top battery that I wanna use for my sound system to power my amps I brought the dual alternator bracket to run 2 alternators
2nd alternator will be stand alone to power the second battery

the 2nd alternator I brought from a vendor who supplied me with the doide and 4 pin connector he told me to wire the doide to ign wire and second wire to alternator post with the battery I did that and it’s wasn’t keeping the battery charged I want the second alternator to at least maintain the battery at 13.5 or more volts to handle the power of the amps

the vendors is no help at all
I’m thinking maybe the 2nd alternator could be bad?

Ur more helpful then they ever been if there is any info u need to help me get this done let me know please

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts