Driving a ppv tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Yup I agree. In this rig I do find people who hate cops. I just turned my rear view mirrors back at them or flash my extra back up lights at them. But it's when I start to slow down or get it the right lane and slow down they do everything not to pass me . Then you know they mean to do what they did. No accident.

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I broke up a drug deal once. Was pulling out of a parking lot and straight ahead of me there were 3 people making an exchange. They looked at me, tossed whatever was in their hands and all ran in different directions. It took me a minute to figure it out haha.

As for tailgater's with brights, I just rotate the ol LED spotlight so it shines straight back and flip it on.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my family and I would take trips to the beach (3 hours away, when we lived in Raleigh) my wife would never believe me about how traffic would slow down while I'm on the highway. Until I told her one trip to look behind us. She started laughing because of the line of vehicles that would not pass in both passing lane and slow lane. We were in the slow lane.

Another one. Any time a Trooper would drive by, I'd always get a friendly wave. Even now out by the coast. All the Troopers wave as they pass me.

I tend to have more of an issue with the Local PD, they seem to be on a higher horse and question me more often than not. But, now that we've been in the area for a couple of years, that has slowed down dramatically.
Mostly because I have met all of them from being stopped or them pulling up to and questioning me out of the blue. It doesn't bother me anymore but, it did for a the first year or so. Got old quick.

I know the guy who hit a few weeks ago didn't give a sh*t about my vehicle. He hit me without breaking at all. I could've had lights on and sirens blaring and I don't think he would've stopped. The trooper who came felt the same way, he even agreed with my thought of him hitting me on purpose. But, cant dwell on that, even though I get pissed every time I see the dents grrrrr.

I have 2 rigid LED spot lights built into my rear bumper. I put a momentary switch on them so I just bump them when I want to flash someone that's tailgating.

I'm going to use the momentary switch idea if you don't mind. That's a great idea.
What kind of switch did you get?

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
I have a bank of switches for different lights. But the one I have for those lights is just a momentary toggle switch. Make sure you get one that lights up. That way you know it's on and when it goes off. I have never had a problem with city cops yet. They stay away from me. I think they believe I might be internal affairs . Troopers get a little excited until they run my plates.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for sharing.
I have one switch for my light up front, its one that is lit up as well. I'll be adding a toggle for the rear that's for sure. Even if its just for backing up in my driveway or parking. Its good to have.
Nice lights too.
Thanks again man, appreciate the info.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I broke up a drug deal once. Was pulling out of a parking lot and straight ahead of me there were 3 people making an exchange. They looked at me, tossed whatever was in their hands and all ran in different directions. It took me a minute to figure it out haha.

As for tailgater's with brights, I just rotate the ol LED spotlight so it shines straight back and flip it on.
same I was just spinning my tires at the gas station (in my impala) scared the shit out of a two people they were doing a drug deal..

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a lot of lane clearing in the Caprice, just people flying up on me in the left lane and then standing on the brake when they see the spot on the A-pilar. Why the roof and decklid covered with antennas doesn't do it, I don't know, but when they see the spot, they'll fly up, stop, then creep by. Even in daylight.

The Tahoe, though, clears out the lane we're in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu