Driving a ppv tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
I came a cross someone at home depot. Struck up a conversation and I said we have a lot of snow birds in here now. He said we sure do. I said I'm driving in the left lane and have to get over a lot for cops. He said 65 is fast enough for them. He said I'm not getting over it just enables them to drive faster. I asked should u be taking the law into your own hands he said why not. So there are a lot of people with chips on there shoulders out there .

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless if you are law enforcement or not. Driving a ppv tahoe has its pros and cons.

PROs

1. When you get on the highway and hit cruise control in the passing lane people get out of the way.
2. When you put the turn signal on people dont try to cut you off.
3. Most people are nice.
4. People dont try to cut in front of you.
5. They dont tailgate you.

Cons
1. Everyone some how finds the law pretty quick
2. Even though their is no turn on red sign the people in front of you won't do it.
3. When the speed limit sign says 65 , some seem to want to do 55 in the passing lane.
4. There are people that hate cops and feds. About 5 percent I have had try to slow me down to 20 below speed limit.
5. I do not drive through drive through windows in fear of what they might do to my food.
6. People get nervous around me and freeze up. Because they might be drinking and driving, wanted, bad plates etc.

In conclusion I guess the no road rage and being nice on the road out weights the cons. Anyone have anything to add??
even the hyhoe does it

since it has no luggage rack and is lowered with its funky 12 spoked rims .. there is normally a huge cluster of traffic behind me..
it's pretty nice to have some control over traffic.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
He said 65 is fast enough for them. He said I'm not getting over it just enables them to drive faster. I asked should u be taking the law into your own hands he said why not.

We don't need pace cars on the highway. If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. Nothing worse than somebody in the left lane just farting along, keep to the right or get on a two lane. I don't care what you are driving I will pass you on the right, or if I'm in my hoe you will get whooped up on.

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

Reaction score
Here's the thing. When I got my drivers license back in 1989 they preached that the right lane is for driving ,left lane is for passing. Now I am always running 10 over on the highway so I'm always in the left lane. But when I find that the right lane is going faster then the person in front of my in the left lane and they don't want to move something is wrong.

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

Reaction score
Here I thought I would share this with you guys. I was coming out of Flagstaff heading into phoenix on Sunday in my hoe. I didn't have a problem until I came apon a tractor trailer in the right lane that moved over to the left for no reason. I was around 800 ft behind him and could tell there was no one in front of him in the right lane. So because he was slower traffic he should have stayed in right lane. So I get the idea he wants to fu$k with me. So as soon as he took the left lane I took the right lane. As I approached him he went back to right at that moment I had been accelerating whip hard left and went around him. This all took place on a mountain down grade. He was going slow as hell. Just goes to show you those truckers not all but some do not like cops either.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Here I thought I would share this with you guys. I was coming out of Flagstaff heading into phoenix on Sunday in my hoe. I didn't have a problem until I came apon a tractor trailer in the right lane that moved over to the left for no reason. I was around 800 ft behind him and could tell there was no one in front of him in the right lane. So because he was slower traffic he should have stayed in right lane. So I get the idea he wants to fu$k with me. So as soon as he took the left lane I took the right lane. As I approached him he went back to right at that moment I had been accelerating whip hard left and went around him. This all took place on a mountain down grade. He was going slow as hell. Just goes to show you those truckers not all but some do not like cops either.

I'm not trying to start an argument or get into a pissing contest BUT all that "goes to show me" is that you know very little about truck drivers or driving a tractor trailer.

If the incident you described happened on flat level ground I would have to agree that the guy was trying to mess with you. But going down a steep mountain grade the guy was probably just trying to not overheat his brakes by slowing down enough to not need both lanes in the curves.

The overwhelming majority of drivers want to have as little to do with law enforcement as possible and certainly don't do things to purposely provoke an encounter with them.

What benefit is there to pissing off a police officer or DOT officer?

They hold all the cards. They can pull you over, for no reason if they choose, and keep you for as long as they want and do in depth inspections on you and your rig... and for what?
So they can lose time and probably end up with a fine to pay???

Time is money... especially in the trucking industry... why would we want to spend an hour sitting on the side of the road with "The Man" when we could be an hour further down the road, closer to our destination and that much closer to picking up our next load to make more money?

We are only allowed a certain number of hours to drive and be on duty... why spend that time on the side of the road for provoking LE?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

Reaction score
You are correct. He wasn't using his brakes , no engine brake or exhaust brake either. It was on a strait not a corner. I was coming up hard in the left lane. Had to switch to right. When I got close he switched back. No brake lights. I gave a cliff note version of my experience. I can go into more detail. When I was I the right lane. He did not use his turn signal he just whipped it back over. I understand where you are coming from I built and ran a tow truck company for a friend in Indiana. You wouldn't think that truckers would screw with law enforcement. At that time the number 1 killer of state troopers were tractor trailer drivers. At the time they played a game to see if they could knock off the troopers hat while they were outside writing tickets. They hit a lot of them and sucked a lot of them into their trailers. This guy was purposely screwing with me. Look not all truckers are the same. Just like all gun owners are not the same. Some abide the law some don't.

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

Reaction score
It sound like you have a hardon for me..

Last edited:

Matus Mrocek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I drive the road a few times a month. The truth is that has happened to me a few times not just with semis. If you notice the right lane is in much worse shape than the left. Which is why you will see semis move to the left lane often. There are some serious potholes and cracks in the right lane especially between the Sedona turn off and Flag itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberv96