Driver window won't go down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrunkElvis

Reaction score
Driver window worked fine yesterday, come out this morning and no response from pressing/holding the window button. My first guess is it's electrical because it doesn't even sound like the window motor is even trying to move.

Am I looking at changing out a switch, button, or fuse somewhere?

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a dvom and check voltage at the switch and the window regulator. If voltage is there but theres no movement, you might have to replace the window regulator

OP
OP
DrunkElvis

DrunkElvis

Reaction score
Picked up an entire window regulator assembly with motor, swapped it, and the driver side window still isn't working. It's the only window that's not working. Any other ideas?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switch. Common problem. Did it rain the night it went bad. Check your sunroof drains. Water will leak into the switch. Drivers window always fails first.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DrunkElvis

DrunkElvis

Reaction score
Did you pick up a dvom?

No, I'm not sure what that is.

Switch. Common problem. Did it rain the night it went bad. Check your sunroof drains. Water will leak into the switch. Drivers window always fails first.

Unfortunately I don't have a sunroof. It's only the driver side window switch, all the other switches on the driver side work.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the switch.

OP
OP
DrunkElvis

DrunkElvis

Reaction score
It's the switch.

I pulled the switch the entire piece out that holds all the driver door switches and took it apart. The switches themselves aren't anything but plastic and that part moves and functions. So is it the computer board that's underneath the switches?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645