Door speakers cutting out randomly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liftednali

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a 2012 Yukon with a mild audio system in it.

I have Kicker 6 3/4 in the front and rear doors with front tweeters connected to a Kicker 46CXA360 4 channel amp. I installed this first as I was waiting on my sub and box. Got everything connected and everything works great.

For my sub I am running a Sound solutions GCON 12" in a sealed box powered by a mono audiopipe 1500W amp. The sub is running at 1 ohm as the amp is stable at 1 ohm. The gain on my audiopipe amp is set a quarter of the way. 0 gauge power and ground wire, both amps are grounded to separate seat bolts.

There will be songs that have a lot of bass and play absolutely great, then there will be random songs that cause the door speakers to cut out, while the sub still hits and then the door speakers kick back on a few seconds later. I don't see any voltage drop from the stock voltage gauge.

This was not happening when it was just the door speakers and the kicker amp alone.

Any ideas on why this is occurring?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick