Door seal keeps coming off both sides 2015 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my rear door seals keep coming off. It’s the lower portion near the wheel well. Anyone else having this problem? Both sides are doing it
(Ignore my awful lug nuts)
View attachment 272275
Yeah, I had the same problem on my 2019 Yukon almost since new. While under warranty I had the dealer re-attach it every time I was in for service. Finally outside of warranty period I paid for a new one to be installed. My sense is that it was mis-installed when the vehicle was built and the retaining "nubs" were damaged. I'd suggest a new seal and also add some trim adhesive on the inside edge when installing.

OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I had the same problem on my 2019 Yukon almost since new. While under warranty I had the dealer re-attach it every time I was in for service. Finally outside of warranty period I paid for a new one to be installed. My sense is that it was mis-installed when the vehicle was built and the retaining "nubs" were damaged. I'd suggest a new seal and also add some trim adhesive on the inside edge when installing.
My original post is over 2 years old and I still haven’t resolved it. I just push them back on like once a week. I tried some kind of sealant a while about but it didn’t hold up long.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you haven't tried 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive yet, it might be something that would work. But read the instructions before using, since it works much better if you let it tack up for a few minutes before making the contact.

1698510761322.png

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
My original post is over 2 years old and I still haven’t resolved it. I just push them back on like once a week. I tried some kind of sealant a while about but it didn’t hold up long.
Use clear silicone that’s what I did on my 07 and I haven’t had a issue since and like the crowd said above if you ever need to replace the weatherstripping you will be able to remove it where contact cement and other adhesives could be more permanent and made it harder to remove if needed in the future

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n