Door sag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpinecrick

Reaction score
Just to summarize for everyone everything is tight with my new bushings. bushings to hinges and pins to bushings its all legit now but the sag is still there. Possible bent hinges is what i'm thinking.......

Either the hinges are bent or the metal in the cab/A pillar or the door itself is slightly bent. A floorjack adjustment may be worth a try. Go slowly....

I like those bushing you made, they look quite.....robust. Remember, the originals lasted for 100k plus miles before giving out, so don't be to critical of the OEM bushings.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either the hinges are bent or the metal in the cab/A pillar or the door itself is slightly bent. A floorjack adjustment may be worth a try. Go slowly....

I like those bushing you made, they look quite.....robust. Remember, the originals lasted for 100k plus miles before giving out, so don't be to critical of the OEM bushings.
i suspect the oem bushings and the doorman replacements are not the same thing... just a hunch. The ones I made you can beat on with a hammer and the bend but don't crack. So that makes me feel ok about the jacking.

I think that my door sagging and my door not sealing are 2 different problems. When the door is closed it's not sagging so why is it leaking? The drivers door sags just the same but it seals and shuts much easier.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect my door may be a little flattened out if you will thus not quite sealing at the top, not curving correctly with the car

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine hoist makes the job a LOT easier.......
Now my decision is whether I should buy the 2 ton hoist and also replace the 22yo engine mounts. I have so many jobs I want to do and so little time to do them.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roll down window hold middle of door and pull on top of window frame, it’ll bend.
Thats exactly what i was thinking. It will be hard to gauge how much since everything looks fine but that has to be what it is. Just try a little and wait for rain i guess

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW I also got some “tightening” action on the door by putting some foam tape on the striker where the door meets. Maybe you could try similar across from the leaky section of weatherstripping. Maybe put a strip lower than the factory’s weatherstrip on the truck side and kinda push it out if that makes sense.

They’re redoing the roads around our neighborhood, right now it’s worse than the lunar surface. My door was rattling and sounded like it was about to shake open at 15mph.

Snug as a big until that tape wears out.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW I also got some “tightening” action on the door by putting some foam tape on the striker where the door meets. Maybe you could try similar across from the leaky section of weatherstripping. Maybe put a strip lower than the factory’s weatherstrip on the truck side and kinda push it out if that makes sense.

They’re redoing the roads around our neighborhood, right now it’s worse than the lunar surface. My door was rattling and sounded like it was about to shake open at 15mph.

Snug as a big until that tape wears out.
I'll do something like that if i can't get it right

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats exactly what i was thinking. It will be hard to gauge how much since everything looks fine but that has to be what it is. Just try a little and wait for rain i guess
tried this i'm waiting for some rain

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts