Rogue Door Lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched several pages of door lock problems and haven't found this problem, sorry if it's been mentioned before.

The front passenger door lock on my 2009 Tahoe will sometimes lock itself. Last week, I had some groceries on the front floor and seat. When I got home, I opened the passenger door and got stuff out, shut the door, went in the house, and when I came back outside, the door was locked. All three other doors were unlocked. This happened three times in that one instance.

Today I decided to add a can of Freon to my AC. I had all doors unlocked and the front windows open. I added the Freon and reached through the passenger window to feel the air vent and noticed that the door was again locked. All other doors were unlocked.

I've heard about the body control module and grounding problems. Think that might be related? Any other thoughts?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without a scan tool for diagnosis, I'd start by checking the wiring going into the door and the switch itself. The switches are cheap enough on Ebay, I've bought many from the switch-doctor over the years.

OP
OP
S

steve45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For $15 on Ebay, I may give that a try if nobody has any other ideas. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar