Does the gas return lines have to be replaced with steel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ronzxcvb

Ronzxcvb

Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for there input
I fixed it with rubber fuel line
I did contemplate using steel even after I started but that would have required me to drop the gas tank
And I have a bad back so my Yukon would probably be still sitting on the stands 2 weeks from now had I went that route
Was hard enough just getting under there for me to fix it with tubing
But I am thinking about having all the steel lines replaced they all have quite a bit of rust on them
Think that someone that works out of there house or small garage would replace the gas and break lines for a couple hundred bucks?

Devilmk4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been around race cars most of my life. You can go with some good braided hose line with fittings and your good to go.

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headache or not you should use the same as what came on it from the factory. There is always a reason it is that way.

There is a reason it is that way, but that does not mean it is the best way by a long shot.

Cost has as much of an influence as engineering does.
There are plenty of things you could improve by putting more money in to it...

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Or you could of just cut it down....... lol

There is a reason it is that way, but that does not mean it is the best way by a long shot.

Cost has as much of an influence as engineering does.
There are plenty of things you could improve by putting more money in to it...

Someone asks for my opinion, I will give it. Been around too long in too many shops and seen lots of terrible "good enough" jobs done by someone who is either trying to save money or was talked in to doing something they already wanted to do and just needed one more person to agree with them. I got my way and you have your way. All good.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone asks for my opinion, I will give it. Been around too long in too many shops and seen lots of terrible "good enough" jobs done by someone who is either trying to save money or was talked in to doing something they already wanted to do and just needed one more person to agree with them. I got my way and you have your way. All good.
I was kidding and anyone that thinks you can ‘cut down a serpentine belt’ should not be under their hood...

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was kidding and anyone that thinks you can ‘cut down a serpentine belt’ should not be under their hood...
Yea, of course I meant that. You really thought I meant that? Look at my experience and thatI am an ASE Master tech and ran shops over 30 years. C'mon man! LOL!!!!!! Good one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim2014