DOD FAILED. CAM THOUGHTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strokersace

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry it’s been awhile since I posted and I still need to work on a build thread.

It’s amazing to drive and I drive it about 80miles everyday. Mainly highway but it’s perfect in the city as well.

It idles great.

My only issue which is my fault for not buying it already is the stock converter is to weak it causes me to keep the brake to the floor while sitting at lights otherwise I hit the person in front of me. I can’t even let up a bit.

I’ll upload a sound clip of the exhaust to YouTube and here's the link. CORSA EXHAUST CLIP AT IDLE

To me the sound (loudness) is perfect but my neighbors may disagree Lmao.
That sounds good at idle!

I'm in the process of gathering parts for a 6.2 build to replace the 6.0 in our Suburban with a failed lifter. Still undecided on VVT or non-VVT with an aftermarket cam. The one you went with is definitely larger than what I was looking at, but looks/sounds like your tuner dialed it in perfectly.

I was planning on leaving the converter stock, but after the comments on here, and your feedback, I may consider changing it up while I have the engine out. That is if I go with a came like you put in. What would you have done, had you replaced it?

OP
OP
D

decembersend

Reaction score

I'm in the process of gathering parts for a 6.2 build to replace the 6.0 in our Suburban with a failed lifter. Still undecided on VVT or non-VVT with an aftermarket cam. The one you went with is definitely larger than what I was looking at, but looks/sounds like your tuner dialed it in perfectly.

I was planning on leaving the converter stock, but after the comments on here, and your feedback, I may consider changing it up while I have the engine out. That is if I go with a came like you put in. What would you have done, had you replaced it?

I would def keep the VVT the torque is amazing thanks to it.

I’m going to go with CircleD triple disk. I still need to figure out which one to go with though. My tuner said he’ll install it and retune for me, so I think I’m just going to ask him what he recommends.

I’ve put close to 15k on the new setup so far.

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow... great build and amazing results! That is an incredible torque curve! I too am getting ready for a complete engine rebuild since I'm encroaching on 200k miles and will definitely be looking into something similar to your build. Definitely subscribed and look forward to seeing and hearing more videos and updates!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It all depends on the idle chop and tune whether you need a converter. I agree, @decembersend's setup sounds amazing, and it's what he was looking for. I went with a smooth idle cam that gave me great power gains and was able to keep my stock converter, so that's the trade-off. Want plenty of chop? Gonna need a higher stall. It's worth a call to CircleD to get their wise counsel.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your ideal cam doesn't induce a lot of chop, you can have your tuner make it chop by dickering the overspeed and underspeed tables. Just don't go too crazy with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700