Do we have a headlight on indicator on the dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My '04 LT doesn't have one, but I wish it did. Hard to tell sometimes.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Realized I don't have one. Someone want to save me the trouble of pulling my cluster apart to see?
Flip your turn single lever to the other position and see if the bright indicator lights. That would mean they are on. Not the flash to pass quick pull towards the wheel movement.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Realized I don't have one. Someone want to save me the trouble of pulling my cluster apart to see?
The Escalade headlight switch has an amber LED beside the Auto position that lights when the headlights are on. I don't think GM ever put that on the Chevy or GMC models (maybe Denali's??). However, it is not difficult to add. There is a pin on the headlight switch connector that has the signal from the BCM to turn on the LED. When I had my switch apart a few years ago to replace a burned out bulb, I noticed this and added the LED and backlights for the right side of the switch where the instrument lamp dimmer is. After you add the LED you have to open a small circle in the paint to let it shine through. I used a circle template the same size as the amber indicator for the fog lights and a needle to scrape away the paint. Looks like it came from the factory.

Or, you could just buy a used Escalade switch.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Escalade headlight switch has an amber LED beside the Auto position that lights when the headlights are on. I don't think GM ever put that on the Chevy or GMC models (maybe Denali's??). However, it is not difficult to add. There is a pin on the headlight switch connector that has the signal from the BCM to turn on the LED. When I had my switch apart a few years ago to replace a burned out bulb, I noticed this and added the LED and backlights for the right side of the switch where the instrument lamp dimmer is. After you add the LED you have to open a small circle in the paint to let it shine through. I used a circle template the same size as the amber indicator for the fog lights and a needle to scrape away the paint. Looks like it came from the factory.

How about a nighttime pic of said mod?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll have to take a look at my light switch when it's darker out to see if it has an indicator on it. It's a bit out of my line of sight when driving so I haven't noticed if the "bulb" indicator is even there (in the upper right-hand corner) and if it lights up with the headlights.

The Esky switch would be a nice thing to have.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

My 03 denali has it.
The 06 tahoe doesn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons