Diy catch can install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Side fitting goes to PVC in this install right? Pic leads me to believe it could be switched.
Haha. Yeah the pic is kind of deceiving. It's run correctly. You had me nervous cause my wife was at the grocery store with the car. What would of happened if it was reversed?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Not sure but it probably would still run. Just wanted to be a extra set of eyes in case.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is NNBS section, but where are you guys putting it w/ hydro boost? I cant put it at that post most of you are.

and dont try 3/8 nylon braided hose, it wont fit over the drivers side port. I tried, ripped the hose end and still didn't fit.

Guess, nylon braided wont stretch.

finman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of the how the hoses are connected to the points on the engine for a 2011? The factor hoses don't slip off.

Thanks,

Fin

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of the how the hoses are connected to the points on the engine for a 2011? The factor hoses don't slip off.

Thanks,

Fin

They do slip off. Just pull... Harder

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sometimes the hoses tend to get stuck, grab them just at the fitting with some pliers. Dont squeeze to hard and crush the fitting..
Break the stuck hose loose by rotating it back and forth.

finman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks,
I will give that a shot. The hose looks like the hard formed plastic kind that is heat shrunk around the fittings on each end.
worst case is that I will just cut the plastic tube and put it inside the hose from the catch can.

Fin

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks,
I will give that a shot. The hose looks like the hard formed plastic kind that is heat shrunk around the fittings on each end.
worst case is that I will just cut the plastic tube and put it inside the hose from the catch can.

Fin

That's what I said right before I tried to install it. I tugged a little and it didn't come off. Did some more searching and then went ahead and pulled.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aah yea, those heat formed lines are a pain.
I use a serrated knife to cut it just at the end of the fitting then a utility knife to carefully slice down the length of the hose left on the fitting.
Do this until you can grab it with needle nose pliers and pull it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia