Diy catch can install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice write up.
Thanks for sharing.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd bring this back up. I've put 4000 miles on my truck since I installed my catch can. 1 oil change in the middle.

Not a bad catch for 4000 miles...I'm not a lead foot but I goose it on the freeways quite often...

20141015_200948.jpg

Cameron

east1la

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed mine this morning hopefully the info and pic's help others.
It is pretty simple, just knowing a little more before you start helps.
I apologize if the pic's are a little blurry and I hope you can make everything out.

It's pretty simple, but knowing how to get the engine cover off was probably the biggest deal and it is NOT mentioned anywhere in my manual.
On the 07 you pull up on the front (no yanking up) once it is removed from the 2 mounts then pull it towards you and a little towards the pass side, then pull out.
Installing it back in reverse.
Then figuring out where to put the Catch Can so nothing was in the way.

I know the newer models are a little different than my 07 Denali, on the intake you might need to cut the plastic line, but at the rear the PCV line slips off.

The factory PCV line on the 07 slips off both ends there is no clamps on either end and the 3/8" Fuel/PCV/Vapor line slips right over using clamps.
You can store the complete un-cut PCV/Dirty hose line in your garage somewhere, then you'll have it if you ever sell and want to keep the Catch Can.

Where I located mine there is NOTHING in the way to deal with, its wide open to service.

I went with http://catchcans.com/can1.html delivered to my front door for something actually made to catch OIL which is what I was looking for.
No time spent at the hardware store looking for something that MIGHT work.
NO polishing on mine to worry about :cheers:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

thanks for the information. I being thinking of doing this to my 2010 Chevy Tahoe.

BigBlueLB756

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for S'nGs, I decided to run two in series, since I had them. The big shot mega-buck can sellers are always wanting you to run a clear fuel filter in the outlet hose from the catch can you have to prove it isn't catching all the oil and the one they're selling will do a better job. Still less than $80.00 invested in the whole set-up and I bet it's better than theirs at catching oil vapor.

100_0479.jpg

It was just for fun and now I know where all my cans are.

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank for the info- I know this is an older post but ordered one from catchcans.com last night for my 2011 Denali. Wish I would have done it sooner!