Diy catch can install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tst1212

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Getting ready to install my can this weekend and I want to make sure I'm doing it right. My 2011 Tahoe has this hose running from the engine to the intake tube:

So essentially I'm just cutting that hose and installing the catch can in the middle of it, right? I've seen a lot of posters mentioning doing it on the driver's side in this thread but I don't see anything that looks like the PCV line on the driver side.

You can't just cut the hose. The 2011 is a hard plastic line. You'll need enough 3/8" Fuel Hose to reach where you are mounting your catch can. Remove the factory line, cut the line at the connectors, make sure to leave enough to slip the fuel hose over and tighten with hose clamps.

Hose
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWNJN2L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PVC Line

pvc.jpg

When removing the PVC line, you need to unhook the connector (upper right pic below) closest to the firewall first. Then turn the whole line 1/4 turn to release the valve connector (lower left pic below)

pvc-line.png

BigBlueLB756

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I beg to differ. I have installed my can by cutting the line and swiveling it as shown in my previous pictures and the installation has worked without liquid or vacuum leaks since 2013. But, do as you wish.

I can still swivel it back in line and splice it together with a 2" piece of 3/8" fuel line and two screw clamps.

tst1212

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I beg to differ. I have installed my can by cutting the line and swiveling it as shown in my previous pictures and the installation has worked without liquid or vacuum leaks since 2013. But, do as you wish.

I can still swivel it back in line and splice it together with a 2" piece of 3/8" fuel line and two screw clamps.

The original post said "just cutting that hose and installing the catch can in the middle of it". I was pointing out that a few feet of fuel hose is needed. In your picture you cut the line and used a couple feet of fuel hose, you did not just install the can in the middle of the existing line. The only thing we differ on is where to cut the line.

BigBlueLB756

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sheesh! It's still installed in the middle of the pvc line, no matter how much fuel line you have to use to run over to your selected catch can installation location.

No further comment from me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos