Did a little towing today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bde269

bde269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you boat is bad ass my p's have a place in daytona and i tell them to get a boat all the time so they can just go do stuff. i figured 8-10 mpgs . im just spoiled wheres ive had a 6.0 ford and a 6.7 ram. i could of done 80 and still got 14mpgs at least with the ram . i know there different animals but i was very happy with the yukon .

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sweet sounds like a fun gig. this one is a henke. we have a ford l8000 with 8.3 cummins and eaton 8ll. that was a interesting drive home ;-) lol. i had never driven a synchronous clutch before . last truck was a allison . View attachment 254399 View attachment 254400 View attachment 254401

Henke makes some good stuff. I see it has a cutting edge trip.

You have the benching or patrol wing plow as well?

Those L8000’s used to be a pretty popular truck for plows. Saw a lot of them with a snorkel on the air intake to move it so it didn’t freeze up with snow.

Bet that was an interesting ride for sure.

OP
OP
bde269

bde269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this one didnt come with the side wing . the old one had it though . i figured there was problem with freezing because theres a switch for the intake to pull from under the hood. the drive was very interesting . the truck did run good for the 300 mile trip doing 65 with no issues. the old one only did 42 it sucked madision wi to south dakota. i found out after selling her that i porbably should of unhooked the pto . i think thats stupid but i had never messed with commercial trucks before.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those L8000’s used to be a pretty popular truck for plows. Saw a lot of them with a snorkel on the air intake to move it so it didn’t freeze up with snow.

Used to sell a ton of parts for those things, don't see them much anymore down here but I've been out of the business for a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20