Diagnosing erratic/high oil pressure...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barnachle01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having the exact same fluctuations with oil pressure. 40PSI at start then under fairly low RPMs, while driving, it goes up and can get up to 65PSI with higher RPM’s. Dealer recommends a new oil pump. Codes are PO6DD and PO6DD on and inexpensive OBDI reader, which are different than noted here. Strange thing is that it started soon after hitting a very large pothole, yet may not be related. Great post, but dead unable to find make, model, year and motor size, and how you went about removing the sensor. 2017 Yukon Denali 6.2L

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am having the exact same fluctuations with oil pressure. 40PSI at start then under fairly low RPMs, while driving, it goes up and can get up to 65PSI with higher RPM’s. Dealer recommends a new oil pump. Codes are PO6DD and PO6DD on and inexpensive OBDI reader, which are different than noted here. Strange thing is that it started soon after hitting a very large pothole, yet may not be related. Great post, but dead unable to find make, model, year and motor size, and how you went about removing the sensor.
pressure should probably be verified with a manual guage to determine if it is the sensor or not

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am having the exact same fluctuations with oil pressure. 40PSI at start then under fairly low RPMs, while driving, it goes up and can get up to 65PSI with higher RPM’s. Dealer recommends a new oil pump. Codes are PO6DD and PO6DD on and inexpensive OBDI reader, which are different than noted here. Strange thing is that it started soon after hitting a very large pothole, yet may not be related. Great post, but dead unable to find make, model, year and motor size, and how you went about removing the sensor.

Why not post up your vehicle particulars? Make, model, engine, year, etc. Put them in your signature so they're always there.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM OEM. Same exact thing that I took out. Got them from two different dealers.

so the bad new sensor was purchased from a gm dealer directly?

that is concerning if even the dealer is selling bad parts now.

we should probably have a sticky thread linking to what is a good mechanical gauge to buy and how to find and hook it to the front port on these trucks just to make this eaiser for everyone. it's a bit of a hassle to price together off Amazon if you're not familiar with the tools

Barnachle01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having the exact same fluctuations with oil pressure. 40PSI at start then under fairly low RPMs, while driving, it goes up and can get up to 65PSI with higher RPM’s. Dealer recommends a new oil pump. Codes are PO6DD and PO6DD on and inexpensive OBDI reader, which are different than noted here. Strange thing is that it started soon after hitting a very large pothole, yet may not be related. Great post, but dead unable to find make, model, year and motor size, and how you went about removing the sensor. 2017 Yukon Denali 6.2L
Had Oil Pump replace and it’s good now. So glad to be back on the rode in the Yukon. Was worth the money paid to get it going again. Hats off to the mechanics.